Y'all want some comedy? Read LOM 17 in the full text!

dc10boy

Apr 21, 2012
ORD
Boy there are some real gems in here.
1.American Airlines and the Transport Workers Union firmly believe that the future success of our Maintenance and Engineering is directly dependent upon its people.

Really? by gutting our contract of all protections? No ASM cap? Outsource all you can and turn the rest over to eagle? What people will be left to depend on?those that are left who will even care?

2.Both parties recognize that when our employees and Union members are fully engaged and involved in decisions that affect them, we improve our ability to exceed our customers’ and shareholders’ expectations and we are more likely to win customers and keep American jobs in the United States of America.
I cannot even fathom a response to this one.

3.The Transport Workers Union and American Airlines have worked collaboratively in the past, demonstrating the value of combining our intellectual resources to cut costs, improve quality and increase overall value of the Maintenance and Engineering business unit to the company and its shareholders. The parties agree that formalizing our agreement to collaborate serves the interests of American Airlines and the Transport Workers Union.
I guess that's why they want to get rid of as many of us as they can.

4.The purpose of this memorandum is to establish a mutually agreed Business Improvement Process that supports the mutual interests of American Airlines and the Transport Workers Union. The parties agree to work together to create a customer-focused workplace where we continuously deliver the highest quality, best value products and services to our customers, while serving the interest of the employees by protecting jobs and employee wages.
HMMM. none AAs offers seems to do either.

5.educate employees to better understand customer needs and company goals.
I'm gonna say we get the message LOUD AND CLEAR.

In following areas Union and Company agree to accomplish the above business improvement opportunities to become best in class.
• Engines
• Landing Gear
• CRC
• Wheel and Brake
• CRO
• Airplane Overhaul
• APU Center
• Line Maintenance
All the while providing you with compensation, benefits and job security that are the worst in the industry

I think this clearly shows the reality disconnect of our union and company.The Company does not seem to understand what this LBO will do to its workforce.Keep in mind folks this LBO was NOT negotiated. it was handed across the table and stated "that's our offer" take it or leave it.
My Vote is to leave it. and Take it.....to the judge.

Was this thing signed by anyone? Who would attach their name to garbage like this?

Sincerely, Agreed to:
{Original Signed on file} {Original Signed on file}
____________________ _____________________ James B. Weel Robert F. Gless
Managing Director International Representative
Employee Relations AA System Coordinator
American Airlines Inc. Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO

the formatting is off, but you get the picture

It only gets signed if the deal is ratified.

The best way to describe this "LBO" is "Unconditional Surrender".

It's like AA has their foot on our throat with BK and Harvey Miller is kicking us in the nuts.

Harvey Miller is AA's lawyer and was Frank Lorenzo's lead attorney in BK, you know the lawyer that was part of the demise of Eastern airlines, just the guy with the reputatin of negotiating with the unions. And I thought that Mr. Horton wanted to change the culture of AA to something better not more toxic.

It's like AA has their foot on our throat with BK and Harvey Miller is kicking us in the nuts.

Harvey Miller is AA's lawyer and was Frank Lorenzo's lead attorney in BK, you know the lawyer that was part of the demise of Eastern airlines, just the guy with the reputatin of negotiating with the unions. And I thought that Mr. Horton wanted to change the culture of AA to something better not more toxic.
Duke,that is something I've been screaming at the top of my lungs,But it seems like people forget.Few people in our workforce really know who Horton hired.My Dad fought Lorenzo and Harvey miller as an AMT at CO in 1983. His courage and sacrifice stay with me today.When I saw Horton hired that demon, I knew this was NEVER about restructuring.

If I was making as much as Gless was I would sign it also.
What was the latest figure
$190,000.00 ????

Latest posts