Yellowbirds fly again

One would think that Delta owned the trademarks...
Maybe because they arn't based in the US ?

One would think that Delta owned the trademarks...
Maybe because they arn't based in the US ?

As I understand it, the "new Northeast" acquired the trademark from whoever owned it; I don't think it was DL. Not sure how trademark law works, but US renamed couple of commuter subsidiaries to "Piedmont' and "PSA" in order to protect those names. And somehow NW doesn't control the rights to "Republic Airlines".

As I understand it, the "new Northeast" acquired the trademark from whoever owned it; I don't think it was DL. Not sure how trademark law works, but US renamed couple of commuter subsidiaries to "Piedmont' and "PSA" in order to protect those names. And somehow NW doesn't control the rights to "Republic Airlines".

I believe if a TM is not used for a period of time they go to public domain. In the case of Piedmont and Allegheny and PSA...USAir must have felt there was more value
in those names and it would thwart any competition from using those names. I think it was Henson Airlines, Penn-Suburban, and Jetstream Intl.....I could be wrong.

I believe if a TM is not used for a period of time they go to public domain. In the case of Piedmont and Allegheny and PSA...USAir must have felt there was more value
in those names and it would thwart any competition from using those names. I think it was Henson Airlines, Penn-Suburban, and Jetstream Intl.....I could be wrong.
Is this carrier still operating....their website doesn't have much updated info!