Yet ANOTHER "normal" emergency landing for NWA

PurduePete

Senior
Jun 15, 2006
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=127257

A Northwest Airlines Corp. plane made an unscheduled landing at Gallatin Field airport near Bozeman Thursday evening, after pilots smelled something burning in the cockpit.

The Airbus A-319 was flying from Vancouver, British Columbia, to Minneapolis when it was diverted. Assistant airport director Brian Sprenger said the plane landed safely at about 6:30 p.m. with 29 people on board, including five crew members.

Northwest spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch said the plane's 24 passengers were put up in hotels overnight, and continued to Minneapolis on another scheduled flight Friday morning.

Sprenger said the pilots told authorities of the odor when they were about 20 minutes from the airport, and they landed as a precaution.

Ebenhoch said that, while repairs were being made, the flight crew ran out of "duty time" for the day, so the passengers were put up in hotels.

The repaired plane also returned to Minneapolis on Friday.

NWA declined to say what was wrong with the plane.

At least there were only 24 passengers stupid enough to fly scab air. So much for the flighs are all full.

Actually, what's odd is that the flights to/from YVR this time of year are usually packed with Cruise traffic....I have to wonder if that wasn't an error in reporting (124 sounds more accurate)....

Actually, what's odd is that the flights to/from YVR this time of year are usually packed with Cruise traffic....I have to wonder if that wasn't an error in reporting (124 sounds more accurate)....
...29 people on board, including five crew members.

Northwest spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch said the plane's 24 passengers were put up in hotels ...

If the package is done through another company out side of NW tentacles, all it needs is to just pee off a tour company in one way or another and *poof* no more extra flights to Halifax.

-less hours for everone

- less work for everyone

-less revenue

Feel sorry for those sales reps trying to get some business.

Hard to believe but I'd believe it. Seen it happen before where loads wend town tremedously due to some "tours" not being offered or they went with another carrier.

747 with 34 pax count was very interesting.

well I suppose we will just have to wait to get the real scoop from the resident SCAB!

remember his sources? "I heard it from a friend...who heard it from friend...who heard it from another!" :lol: