Yet Another Startup?

Dragging storied names out of aviation history hasn't worked yet,and it's disgraceful to see an iconic name like Pan Am reduced to this:

PA-III-train-cars.gif

From the China Clipper, Charles Lindbergh and captains in white hats to box cars...Juan Trippe must be making turns for thirty knots in his grave.

Let Eastern enjoy her place in aviation history.

From the China Clipper, Charles Lindbergh and captains in white hats to box cars...Juan Trippe must be making turns for thirty knots in his grave.

Boxcars...wow! Out here they're as anachronistic as Pan Am--you don't see them anymore.
All you see the the UP or BNSF trains hauling here in the southwest are flatcars with containers on them, tankers, and hopper cars full of coal. No more boxcars.

Boxcars...wow! Out here they're as anachronistic as Pan Am--you don't see them anymore.
All you see the the UP or BNSF trains hauling here in the southwest are flatcars with containers on them, tankers, and hopper cars full of coal. No more boxcars.

Oh, sure you do. You just have to look for them. Granted, the 100+ car unit trains are the most common, but while driving I-10 and I-8 between YUM and TUS last week, I counted about four mixed trains, and every one of them had several box cars in the consist. They're also fairly common on the short lines.