You are going to love this one..

Mar 23, 2007
Pennsylania
Some PHL International agents had to reroute pax to some destinations within Europe and could not find connex. So, an agent contacts the IT department and the manager there says to the agent, "well what cities would you like to have added". We're dealing with idiots here folks! It ain't going to get better and the kids don't care.

Can PHL International agents pull up available in sabre. If so how do they sign in to sabre

And this is what the future of this company is left up to. Haven't these IT guys ever been out of the desert? There is a world outside of PHX and they better figure it out soon . I'm surprised they actually know where Europe is. This is one of the reasons why shares doesn't work , IT is filled with people with no geographical knowledge , especially outside of the US. IT should stand for Ignorance Technology.

Well, looks like they will be sleeping in the airport tonight in aluminum blankets provided by the city. Maybe tomorrow, Tempe time they can find an IT tech that will be able to re-route them.
Just another day in paradise!

Am I the only one who sees that as a logical response? IT merely makes the software and hardware do what management wants it to do. They are not marketing people. And an international agent who chooses to play roulette with who they call to fix a problem rather than following an established chain of command shouldn't be surprised by getting an unuseable answer.

And an international agent who chooses to play roulette with who they call to fix a problem rather than following an established chain of command shouldn't be surprised by getting an unuseable answer.

I followed the chain of command to get to the IT dept with a QIK FIX. Please add Bombay-Bangalore into the system with Air India since that is who the customer I have to reroute has on their original ticket. (It was added the next day thank you.) You want to know what response I got? Any other carriers you want me to add? Well, if I could see who else flew there I could tell you who to add, but then it would already be there and since I cant see ANY carriers right now, your guess is as good as mine. Its NOT MY JOB to tell them what cities, airlines to add to the system. I am responsible to use the system with the info ALREADY IN IT FOR ME to get the customer taken care of. Unless you're going to pay me to go to another carrier (AA with Sabre maybe?) and let me play with every city pair and every airline out there, IT needs to find a way (Maybe via marketing or someone who can GET THE INFO, buy a month of OAG international?) to get the info to add the flights into the system. This is total BS that the agents are being asked what we need in the system. We need ALL OF THEM, any city or airline that we MIGHT have to sell to get someone to where they need to go. Its totally ridiculous that I cant pull up certain cities in the system I am supposed to use to sell a ticket to someone to fly on US to get them to where they want to go. Um, we dont show any flights there, why dont you go check at American, I'm sure they have the info in their system and can use your money. :down: :down:
Oh, and its not just OFFLINE cities and routes that arent showing up. Try playing around with some international from the US flights and see the routings its expecting us to sell. Total garbage. And if they dont take the D*MN WN flights out of the system before a US flight shows up, I might just start sending the people to WN in the first place. (Thats not so funny, imagine all the newbies who dont know that we DO fly to BHM. Um, we dont go there according to the computer, but WN does.) And how much more money is this losing us each day? Its so hard to put into words the exact way most agents feel about availability and the system overall. :shock: :down: :down: :angry:

Yup, let's go back to the old days. Put an OAG at every gate and ticket counter. Might as well, it's better than this piece of crap system.

Am I the only one who sees that as a logical response? IT merely makes the software and hardware do what management wants it to do. They are not marketing people. And an international agent who chooses to play roulette with who they call to fix a problem rather than following an established chain of command shouldn't be surprised by getting an unuseable answer.
It's funny, when Mr. Colodny was around, you called Washington if you had a problem or when you ran into him at the airport, you told him what you needed and "wallah" within a few days.....you got it!

Bring back the O.A.G. and we will long sell and call the airline
Of course I need glasses now