Your Delta/NW paycuts at work

Dapoe

I look at like this...since this airline could not run, profit with out my group of employees, or the other employees, if senior management can be rewarded with the highest compensation in the industry I sure and hell ought to be able to enjoy the same fruits of my labor.

ALL employee pay should be attached to a percentage of executive compensation. That will kill the temptation to slash and burn (layoffs and paycuts for profit) management to get to their bonus.

It is simply disgusting for these people to be paid this money on the backs of employee pay cuts. And for those that think it is OK...I simply say "slave mentality"

Hey North/Kev,

Wasn't Richard going to "forego" merger compensation?

The Northwest and Delta merger

Why yes, yes he was...

But we're supposed to trust him, right? :down:

So you say 5-7 mill. How do you arrive at such a number? Whats the reasoning behind it?

5 or 7 would be the absolute MAX, and these would be in the form of regular shares, just like the rest of us.

I think it's a "not too outlandish" number for someone running a company this size.

As for regular compensation, I would say a number much much lower (150-200K ish). He shouldn't object to a mainly performance based package, since he's so sure this new carrier can't help but succeed.

For those that trot out the argument that he could make more in another industry, I say have at it. Oh wait, he did that already. Okay, then...

Dapoe

I look at like this...since this airline could not run, profit with out my group of employees, or the other employees, if senior management can be rewarded with the highest compensation in the industry I sure and hell ought to be able to enjoy the same fruits of my labor.

ALL employee pay should be attached to a percentage of executive compensation. That will kill the temptation to slash and burn (layoffs and paycuts for profit) management to get to their bonus.

Yes!