Your First Set of Wheels

Remember your first set of wheels? Mine was a 1959 Olds Super 88. I paid $50 for it. It got 12 mpg and 100 miles on a quart of oil.

View attachment 11412
My 2nd car was a 56' with that crazy wheel odometer that changed colors.
Bought it from a waitress where I worked flipping burgers.
$75 but she never told me about the bad brake cylinder and transmission.
Oh well... Fun car while it lasted, glad I didn't get killed or kill somebody. :eek:

Funny story. You are correct. $0.25 a gallon. Not bad but I was making $1.15 an hour in 1968. I worked in a gas station. Second best job ever. Got to work on my old junker car and meet girls from my high school. The good looking ones got extra green stamps.
Can you please state what a green stamp is. I Googled it and it seems to be some type of reward points (like Marlboro miles) for purchases at certain stores. Can you verify?

I had never heard of a green stamps before today.

I know the topic is our first set of wheels but....... anybody else like these new Dodge Challengers?

USC50DOC191A021001.jpg

I want one.
Guess not.

Well, I really like it.

Reactions: Insp4
Can you please state what a green stamp is. I Googled it and it seems to be some type of reward points (like Marlboro miles) for purchases at certain stores. Can you verify?

I had never heard of a green stamps before today.
Green stamps were like reward points for purchases. You would get so many per dollar spent. You would put them in a booklet and when it was full you would go to the green stamp store and trade them in for thing like dishes, small appliances, vacuums and cookware.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S&H_Green_Stamps

I am ashamed to say my current car is a 2006 Chevy Cobalt.....

Not much fun to drive when you are 6'2"".

I wanted to get my wife a new car so I bought her one and took her old one (the Cobalt).

I work from home so I guess having a nice car is a low priority for me since I don't drive everyday.

The only good thing I can say about it is I have not had any maintenance issues since the day I bought it.

Last year Willy's made an automobile. It had an in line, flat head, Continental six cylinder engine. Three on the tree, with a mechanical overdrive. Not a hot rod, but built like a Sherman tank.
3 on a tree?

Now that is OLD SCHOOL.

First ever? = '63 Caddie Coupe De Ville, shortly afterwards followed by a '65 327 Vette....Didn't much care for a sedate sedan and was willing to whine to my parents. ;)