Your opinion?

Dell, If you realize it or not, I believe the Industry is at a tipping point. The general public has had enough of what they feel is price gouging and cattle car accommodations. You can only put so many seats on an aircraft. And overbooking every flight don't help either.

Sharpton would grap his pants if he saw this! Yet alone our Harvard snowflakes! A black man in a rebel uniform, waving a Confederate battle flag!........ Your opinion?

Sharpton would grap his pants if he saw this! Yet alone our Harvard snowflakes! A black man in a rebel uniform, waving a Confederate battle flag!........ Your opinion?

So what. You know....I really don't have a problem with the rebel flag. I never owned one, but I could care less if anyone else had one. I did notice that many of the folks who DID own them wouldn't have called the guy in that picture a black man. They had another special word that they used. Just saying what I noticed.

Dell, If you realize it or not, I believe the Industry is at a tipping point. The general public has had enough of what they feel is price gouging and cattle car accommodations. You can only put so many seats on an aircraft. And overbooking every flight don't help either.

Ahh, those sweet moments on the tarmac next to 28 center, watching DC-9's with ten passengers taxi to the gate some 10-15 years ago......

Ahh, those sweet moments on the tarmac next to 28 center, watching DC-9's with ten passengers taxi to the gate some 10-15 years ago......

Well...you know Gordon Bethune had some pizza analogy he liked to use...you can cut some things here and there, but cut too much and pretty soon you don't have a pizza. Cargo gets better treatment than passengers. If I am going somewhere within 700 miles - I'll drive.

Well...you know Gordon Bethune had some pizza analogy he liked to use...you can cut some things here and there, but cut too much and pretty soon you don't have a pizza. Cargo gets better treatment than passengers. If I am going somewhere within 700 miles - I'll drive.
Hey K.C. Ever notice the agents have a favorite seat to assign non-revs on A319's? Went on a couple of trips lately. Got a 27A twice on the same trip. But I guess I shouldn't complain, at least I got on, both red flights.

upload_2017-6-10_22-52-17.jpeg

I believe the Airline industry is more akin to the Utility companies and never should have been deregulated, to begin with.

I agree.

Let's also remember that despite being "deregulated," it still happens to be governed fairly heavily.

I use that analogy a lot. I wish more people had read his book.

dell, I don't know if you lived through it or not. I did. It is one of the main contributing factors that kept our wages, and benefits, low for years, contributed to the demise of many great Airlines, accelerated the consolidation that we now see as four major players.
I was hired in 78 so it was just starting I don't think deregulation was created with the employees in mind. It sucked for the employees and unions but it opened the sky to people who never flew before. I can tell you people making my salary (and your's Kev) wouldn't be able to take a family of four on a trip without it.

Last edited:
I can't believe this picture is not photoshoped! if it were real that body would be sucked into that engine! If it was running at the time.
upload_2017-7-1_20-17-43.jpeg

Explain to me why you believe the Airline industry is more akin to the utility companies.
What would happen if all the Utility companys shut down their services?........ O.K. now, what would happen if all the Airlines decided they weren't going to fly? ........ In both cases, this country would come to a screeching halt! They are both a critical Industries! But even so, one is regulated, the other is not.

What would happen if all the Utility companys shut down their services?........ O.K. now, what would happen if all the Airlines decided they weren't going to fly? ........ In both cases, this country would come to a screeching halt! They are both a critical Industries! But even so, one is regulated, the other is not.
That was a sidestep if I ever saw one.

Utilities are services I pay for to maintain my home.

These would be electricity, water and sewer, gas, phone, internet, and trash.

What does the airline business have to do with the utilities I listed? Nothing.

I would not classify airline travel as a necessity for most of the population, only a convenience.

That was a sidestep if I ever saw one.

Utilities are services I pay for to maintain my home.

These would be electricity, water and sewer, gas, phone, internet, and trash.

What does the airline business have to do with the utilities I listed? Nothing.

I would not classify airline travel as a necessity for most of the population, only a convenience.
Hmmm...I kind of see his point. One has to wonder about the impact to the economy should airlines cease flying. I think it might impact even those who haven't even been in an airport, much less boarded a commercial plane.