You're balking up the wrong tree

Robbed:

Your paychecks only come from the airline because the union has no payroll system of its own.

The union payroll system is a very small operation and probably handled by a secretary.

Union people have no affinity for the corporation. Their loyality is to the union bosses who derive their pay from the union dues.

In order for the union bosses to get a pay raise they must have the grunts add more money to the union coffers.

The union bosses don't want to raise dues to add money to THEIR paychecks so how do THEY get raises?

The union bosses ask the corporation to add more jobs, because that would add more dues money.

The corporation doesn't want to add to expenses so they don't add jobs.

The union bosses then do some of their "magic" and make the next contract more restrictive as far as work rules go and the corporation has to add x number of people to do the same amount of work.

Those x number of people's dues add to the union coffers and the union bosses give themselves a raise and have a big party in the union office and congratulate each other for doing such a good job.

And occasionally, the union bosses will have a big union meeting and tell all of the grunts to vote for the Democratic Party because it is the party of the working man. And the union grunts do what they're told because the union bosses, who know everything, have told them what to do.

And it goes on and on.

Isn't life wonderful!!!
alright. after the IAM FSA (fleet service agent) lost large numbers of employees, they raised our dues from 28.00 a month to 44.90 a month. talk about a screwed up job by the union!

Robbed--

I know that a lot of locals went to a "sliding scale," where member dues were predicated on the amount you made per hour (I think if you were at 12/hr or less, they were something like half the normal amt.). I know D141 did that out west-at least my local did for 141 142 & 143 (no USair members, but it did include WN agents, UAL folks and NW). I wonder why yours did not?

that was suppose to be the way, but from Jan to Jun 5th of 2005, we at full time were paying 22.45 a check which if not mistaken comes to be about 44.90 a month. Meanwhile, the part timers were paying 33.90 a month. to me that was pure sh!t. The IAM was the one that sold us out. I dont understand why they did what they did and not protect us. As for AMFA at NWA, I do admire them for standing up to the inept mgmt

Sounds to me the IAM likes giving it in double doses. You must really like it. You guys like to dog us out for, "Rolling Over For The Man." What do you guys think you are doing for the unions? At least we get paid for it. You have to pay for it! :lol:

Sounds to me the IAM likes giving it in double doses. You must really like it. You guys like to dog us out for, "Rolling Over For The Man." What do you guys think you are doing for the unions? At least we get paid for it. You have to pay for it! :lol:
What will you do when the NWA management thugs wrongfully terminate you 'Cods? Get your $50 attorney and sue them? Oh I forgot, your so good and so friggin' smart as a 90 day SUPERscab, it could never happen to you.

I can't wait to see how it is in a year at NWA, if there is a NWA in a year. ;)

What will you do when the NWA management thugs wrongfully terminate you 'Cods? Get your $50 attorney and sue them? Oh I forgot, your so good and so friggin' smart as a 90 day SUPERscab, it could never happen to you.

I can't wait to see how it is in a year at NWA, if there is a NWA in a year. ;)

Hackman, you still dont get it, we, those of us who have been contractors, know how to find a job. Although most of us who have been professional contractors dont get fired we get hired or asked to "go direct". I have been asked to "go direct" by almost every contract I have ever worked including an IAM represented facility. I must admit though this is the happiest I have ever been at a job, except for one other facility I worked at in the past, and I will work hard to do what ever I can to help NWA prosper.

Well the IAM may be like giving it in double doses. at least I dont have to worry about paying their dues anymore.
But liek i asked earlier, what will you do when NWA and their CFO NEil Cohen says, we need PAYCUTS and BENEFITS reductions? trust me when I tell you because it will happen. it happened to us at USAIR not once not twice but three times.

If I do not like what they have to offer I will quit and get on with my life. I will not stand on the outside of the fence like some homeless begger.
You're right PTO. These corporate scumbags will always need a$$kissers and bootlickers that will work for less so that they can line their pockets. You go ahead and keep helping them lower wages and soon you'll find yourself scabbing for fifteen bucks an hour.

RTB, why do you guys exaggerate everything? Why are you guys always so worried about what the other guy got? Are you not happy with your chosen career? Are you jealous that the other guy chose a better career than you? You choose your career now live with it or get out.

(At this point) This is a hypothetical situation.

For an Innocent child, this should NEVER happen !!
"SHOW and TELL Day", at the local Elementary school.

(Teacher)....."Ok children, please stand, and tell us what

your Dad does for a living"

(Little joey).."My dad is a mailman, he delivers the mail."

(Lil' Mary).."My daddy works for AMTRAK. He's a conductor."

(Lil' Mikey).. "My dad drives a truck, ALL across Texas"

(Lil Amy).."My dad, he works for our town, fixing the road"

(Lil' PTO).."My dad is a REPLACEMENT A/C Mechanic. He CROSSED A PICKET LINE, and SCABBED for Northwest Airlines. I really miss him, cause' he's GONE for a really long time"

(Lil PTO to the teacher)..."MRS Brown, What Is a SCAB" ???

NH/BB's

:lol: That’s the spirit NH/BB. Actually with this job I will be able to spend a substantial amount of time at home. It is much easier and cheaper for me to fly home rather than drive four or eight hours.

Scab: A worker that is much smarter than the guy walking in circles following the directions of his beloved dictator.

It is nice to see that you do have some imagination.

:lol: That’s the spirit NH/BB. Actually with this job I will be able to spend a substantial amount of time at home. It is much easier and cheaper for me to fly home rather than drive four or eight hours.

Scab: A worker that is much smarter than the guy walking in circles following the directions of his beloved dictator.

It is nice to see that you do have some imagination.

========================================================

"POS" S C A B !!!!

NH/BB's