Yul...more Mainline?

Since the day YUL went mainline close to 2 years ago, I have always been curious about one thing? Is YUL that much of a low yield market like LAS and PHX that we cant make money there? Montreal is one of the largest cities in North America and we only fly one 319 a day to PHL. Throw a second 319 in the mid-afternoon down to PHL for the intl connections. Or better yet has anyone in marketing thought about starting YUL-MCO/FLL flights? Im sure that would be a smart move. Canadians, espically those in Quebec love Florida.

i wouldnt bet on this group of crooks trying to add more flights. they would rather argue and fight their own employees when something that makes sense doesnt make sense to mgmt! good luck to you abouty geeting more jets. my station has 1 daily a-319 to clt a day and it is always full

robbedagain said:
i wouldnt bet on this group of crooks trying to add more flights. they would rather argue and fight their own employees when something that makes sense doesnt make sense to mgmt! good luck to you abouty geeting more jets. my station has 1 daily a-319 to clt a day and it is always full
Well, if you don't start showing improving load factors, you're going to lose that A319, too! The obvious cure to a stagnant load factor is to get an RJ in there to stimulate traffic.

With AC being in Star and our upcoming addition, I wouldnt expect to see US metal from YUL to Florida. Maybe some codeshare stuff though with some new connections possible, but not actual flights.

well for the lonely A-319 to clt it leaves at 730am and arrives in clt at 915a and it is always full with a good load of over 100 bags. since the freight house closed last sept (at the same time the crooks of ccy nailed us at my station but taking the jet away along with a large number of the most experience employees) we dont have the freight. however the airline did give us one rj service added for a saturday afternoon and it is only operated sat afternoons. when we lost the jet last sept., they threw in the 50 seater erj and it was a nightmare we had to leave bags off on a daily basisi giving other airlines our bags to expedite them to the pax.