ZED fare question

flycrazy77

Jul 18, 2006
My fiancee is on my travel priveleges as a Registered Guest. Could I purchase a ZED ticket for her to travel with me? From what I've read, Domestic Partner's are eligible, but nothing gives mention to Registered Guests. <_<

My fiancee is on my travel priveleges as a Registered Guest. Could I purchase a ZED ticket for her to travel with me? From what I've read, Domestic Partner's are eligible, but nothing gives mention to Registered Guests. <_<

I think you have to look at each airline individually as it is not a one size fits all scenario, but I would imagine at least some would include her.

I think you have to look at each airline individually as it is not a one size fits all scenario, but I would imagine at least some would include her.

LH allows registered guests. They just pay the high zed fare and you have to travel, but they let them go. I've not seen anyone else, at least that I wanted to fly on, that allowed it.

AC(Air Canada) and BD(BMI) also accept registered guests.

I know your fiancee is going with you but if you were not going she cannot fly alone on other airlines as part of the agreement.

Not sure when you're getting married, but an option may to register her as a domestic partner as opposed to registered guest until such time you are officially married. This would open up her options and may be able to take advantage of lower ZED fares depending on airline.

Scandinavian Airlines , LH , BD , VS , AC - all accept Registered guests from US AIRWAYS .
Cheers

Not sure when you're getting married, but an option may to register her as a domestic partner

Unless you already have proof of same residence, etc required for domestic partnership, you'll have to wait at least 6 months. Then when you do fill out the paperwork hope Employee Benefits can get it done correctly the first time (at least they've finally updated the paperwork needed on TheHub!).
If you're getting married within the next year, it might be just as easy to wait it out unless you really have someplace you just have to go to.

...unless you really have someplace you just have to go to.

Of course, the other option is to buy a ticket. That's how I go on vacation if I plan to fly. (Not on USAirways, of course; I buy tickets on other carriers because you pretty much can't get anywhere on USAirways non-stop unless you live in a hub. And connecting doubles your chances of getting bumped.)

Latest posts