ZED FARES

gizmo_sc

Veteran
Mar 19, 2006
DELTA is one of the few airlines that has not moved to ZED pricing for airline employees, does anyone know if they are even thinking about making the change ?

EXCOP48

DELTA is one of the few airlines that has not moved to ZED pricing for airline employees, does anyone know if they are even thinking about making the change ?

EXCOP48

wasn't Zed the leader of the 'bad guys' in the Christopher Reeves Superman movies, or was that Zod??

EXCOP48

It gets discussed on the InfoExchange (an internal BB for employees) fairly frequently. Hopefully, progress will be soon be made.

It gets discussed on the InfoExchange (an internal BB for employees) fairly frequently. Hopefully, progress will be soon be made.

AH,
What on earth, has been the "hold up" on that issue, all this time ??

You know, it was not so long ago, that AA use to be the LAST carrier, to "acquiess"(SP?) on things of this nature.

NH/BB's

Delta has a ZED fare agreement already with NWA. It has had one in place for over a year. I don't know why they wouldn't have expanded it to other carriers. Since I work for NWA and regularly buy DL ZED fares, I know this is true.

If DL-US remain separate carriers, I could see a worse interline agreement between the two carriers. Too much bad blood now.

AH,
What on earth, has been the "hold up" on that issue, all this time ??

You know, it was not so long ago, that AA use to be the LAST carrier, to "acquiess"(SP?) on things of this nature.

NH/BB's

Bear:

My guess is the hold up is bureaucratic inertia. There are many cases of not doing something new because it is not the old way. Some people do not like change. Unfortunately, many of them are the decision makers.

:up: Finally happening. Starts Feb 01, 2008. Initial agreements with AS, NW and CO, hopefully others will be added quickly.

:up: Finally happening. Starts Feb 01, 2008. Initial agreements with AS, NW and CO, hopefully others will be added quickly.

Finally a world class airline gets with the times. ZEDs are less expensive and a heck of a lot more flexible for travel. The price is no longer based on the Y or some other wierd varient of the Y fare that causes the price to vary wildly from carrier to carrier. It is all based on the level of agreement.

A Zed low carrier is less expensive than a Zed medium or high. If there are two medium level carriers flying the same route the ticket can be accepted by both.

And best of all the tickets work as long as they cover the same mileage band so you can switch cities if you choose.

Thanks to a US friend for the pricing chart. Lots of info on this page.

Attachments

• ZED12.pdf
    12.9 KB · Views: 412