ZED ticket agreements

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Starting Aug 15th US now has a ZED agreement with WN and coming the end of the month with UA! Definitely a good deal with UA where it was previously an ID90 or 95 depending on the traveler. I fared out a SFO-LAX ID90 and it was about $75. With a ZED it was about $35.

The service charge pass agreement we had with WN was just fine...I wonder why WN chose to go the ZED route? Since ZED fares are based on mileage (per segment) and depending if it's a medium or low ZED agreement, you might be paying more now to pass travel on WN, depending on destination.

That's the same with UA. If you fly 2 segments it is typically cheaper with the ID95 than zed. I always saved about $25 each way to get home to visit my family with the ID95. Too bad it is changing.

If someone has time, could you send me a pm with instructions on how to book a zed and if you are able to find out how heavy the flight is booked...

Thanx

Both the new zed agreements are the low fare which is good.

Below is the one way fare for the miles you are traveling.

APPLICABLE FARE - SELECT ZL ZONE FARES FROM 1 TO 9 BELOW:

1- 450 ZL1 $ 15

451- 750 ZL2 $ 18

751-1600 ZL3 $ 24

1601-3200 ZL4 $ 35

3201-4080 ZL5 $ 42

5001-6100 ZL7 $ 53

6101-7100 ZL8 $ 66

7101-9000 ZL9 $ 69

The ZED fares on WN still arent working today. The computer cant figure the taxes and it tells you to store it yourself or be sure that WN is a ZED carrier. Sent a QIKFIX and lets see how long it takes them to get it corrected. In the meantime, make sure if they store the fare to ticket you, that they use the low Zed. We accidently used the MED ZED which added about $20 to the ticket. Oops. I wasnt thinking the WN ZEDS were going to be a good thing, but did another one tonight with the LOW ZED and it was actually cheaper than the old service charge. Great for shorter flights, more on long hauls.

You could always file the fare on your own including taxes... I've had to do that for a number of inter-european fares on LH or LX. Use Ctrl Q. It's a great feature!

If someone has time, could you send me a pm with instructions on how to book a zed and if you are able to find out how heavy the flight is booked...
Thanx

You need to sell open segments in HK (ctrl I, F1) and then add in reservation details (w/o a priority). Then in the Ctrl O pass travel ticketying ketpad select ZED Fare (F6).