Zurich is lovely this time of year.....

I have a question, if you are on vacation, how is someone permitted to work?

Wouldnt that be double dipping?

I have a question, if you are on vacation, how is someone permitted to work?

Wouldnt that be double dipping?

F/A's can only pick up trips from the ETB on their days off or on vacation so as not to conflict with their blocks or days on duty, with that said they do have to be legal to pick up ETB trips on both ends of the trip they are trying to pick up. ETB trips do not count towards your monthly obligation so anyone can pretty much fly as much as they want as long as they remain legal with the 24/7 rule.

Here's a question for anybody in the know.....and I'm not pointing fingers at the current PHL LECP, because I could care less what he does on his VAC days.....it's his personal time off. Question is, can deployed F/T flight attendants still use the ETB to pick up trips? And, if allowed, would the 24/7 rule apply to them? :huh:

BINGO!

The man is allowed to do what he wants on vacation. His option is irrelevant since ETB time falls outside the "company time". Since AFA reps get 105 or whatever, that's what they get. He probably has 7 days vacation, since that's the way to get the highest claim.

Since when is the ETB fair? It's first come first serve, no seniority, so why are you all ticked off that someone sent him the trip? I send trips to people all of the time, they never go on the ETB. That's my option and I prefer to know that it's covered. I regard it as being a responsible employee. I don't want to wait for someone to pick it up. If the ETB had rules against it, well then I'd comply.

How he got the trip is not relevant.

What he does on vacation is none of anyone's business.

If you want to cast your vote to against him, that's your business, but slandering someone for doing what is his right to do is ridiculous.

Hate the system, don't hate the people who use it.

How he got the trip is not relevant.

What he does on vacation is none of anyone's business.

If you want to cast your vote to against him, that's your business, but slandering someone for doing what is his right to do is ridiculous.

Hate the system, don't hate the people who use it.

My point exactly, it's his own free time off from work and if he wants to spend it flying.....good for him! I would rather spend 4 days of vacation in Switzerland than in PHL anyday! :lol:

PB,

I guess the 24/7 rule makes sense if you are deployed on a full time basis. If you are a deployed F/A working fulltime on company business you should be allowed to use the ETB as long as you fall within the 24/7 rule....being as you still are an active F/A you should still be allowed to use the ETB....if you are legal to fly during your off time whether it's your days off or vacation days.

When you refer to the current PHL LECP as being circled or red circled, does that refer back to when fulltime deployed f/a's got 105 hours of flight pay before all of the concessions took place? And that would apply if your were deployed during that period until now? :huh:

Full time company deployment to do company business is 100 hours. period. It a company status position to do company business. So I ask anybody, is your LECP doing 100 hours for the company??????

Is this guy a union elected official or is he a company appointed employee????

Which is it folks? Can't be both.
Elections are around the corner, send a message to this management that they OWN no union official that is elected by the membership, and that by dangling this cash over a union rep will NOT be tolerated.

Ok I don't care about John being in ZHR. What I do find quite interesting is how nobody can really come up with a real answer to what John is doing and how he does it. So this goes out for John M. supporters.....

If John was NOT red circled into the 105 option before the options were eliminated HOW is he getting 108? If he is a UNION rep how is he DEPLOYED by the company? THIS makes NO sense. PLEASE people get your heads out of the damn sand. Ostrich stew anybody? :rolleyes:

Travel- I was just reading and saw your new avatar. No you did not pull out Frieda Claxton from the Golden Girls! You have outdone yourself and it's perfect! It describes how miserable they make us. I spit out my tea all over the place. Love it!
OK- Back to as AFA spins out of control already in progress......

Thanks beachboy. I just HAD to bring Frieda to the party. She fits well hummmmm? With that being said I had ANOTHER thing to add. I was reading the the email exchanges and there were a few that requested to be removed from the mailing list going around PHL. Regardless of what your personal views or feelings toward Teddy are I must ask what any of you feel is WRONG about what she is stating and asking. She is asking questions that MANY of us don't KNOW to ask. Questions that John counts on YOU and I not asking. You don't like what she wrote YET you support a president who writes Union emails like THAT? Hmmm interesting to say the least and somewhat of a double standard wouldn't ya say?

How is he getting these trips? The trade board is "first come first serve" is he sitting in the office on the AFA computers, and member paid internet connection and watching trips when he should be doing union work? or is someone sending him the trips? We all know ITD trips are the most difficult to pick up especially the 4 day transatlantic. If someone is sending him the trips, what is he doing for them? Anyway you slice it its inappropriate. :down:

When did he pick it up?

Since you asked, here's my take on the whole thing.

JM is a highly intelligent individual who DOES rather than talks. He has quietly solved many problems by interfacing with the company in a manner that yields results. Not exciting, but effective.

What he can't do is overturn a reserve system. He can only make the company comply with what's written, and there are very few protections for reserves, as you all well know.

The contract that sold reserves down the river was influenced by a very vocal former AFA and employee. What she has against JM, I don't know or care. It was a bankruptcy contract and we held little or no power, so I don't hold anyone responsible for it, but the fact is, much of the cost savings that we gave to the company came through the reserves. It also came through paycuts and sick time. Would we all do it again? Sink the damn ship, as far as I am concerned, but none of us knew the scope of the coming carnage.

I didn't care that LA flew on the weekends, and I don't care if JM does. That is their personal time, if they WANT to work every day of the month, that's their business. And do I expect them to fly crap because reserves do? NO. They have a right to their seniority just as anyone else does. Expecting AFA people to somehow be in it for the virtue will get you just that: virtuous people but are they qualified? I prefer a qualified person who needs a decent living just like I do, and takes steps to address it. As long as there is someone to answer a page on the weekend I regard that as sufficient. It does not have to be the LEC. I do NOT expect an AFA LEC to live and breathe AFA.

Once again, ETB time does not have to be posted. Most likely he was sent that Zurich and that is the right of the person who dropped it, as well as his to accept it. Frankly, it is no one else's business.

Reserves are miserable and they want solutions, but JM is not a negotiator and he has limited power to affect the plight of the reserves, barring getting the company to abide by the rules. In that, I assure you, he is effective.

Like I said, hate the system don't hate the person who uses it.

Since you asked, here's my take on the whole thing.

JM is a highly intelligent individual who DOES rather than talks. He has quietly solved many problems by interfacing with the company in a manner that yields results. Not exciting, but effective.

What he can't do is overturn a reserve system. He can only make the company comply with what's written, and there are very few protections for reserves, as you all well know.

The contract that sold reserves down the river was influenced by a very vocal former AFA and employee. What she has against JM, I don't know or care. It was a bankruptcy contract and we held little or no power, so I don't hold anyone responsible for it, but the fact is, much of the cost savings that we gave to the company came through the reserves. It also came through paycuts and sick time. Would we all do it again? Sink the damn ship, as far as I am concerned, but none of us knew the scope of the coming carnage.

I didn't care that LA flew on the weekends, and I don't care if JM does. That is their personal time, if they WANT to work every day of the month, that's their business. And do I expect them to fly crap because reserves do? NO. They have a right to their seniority just as anyone else does. Expecting AFA people to somehow be in it for the virtue will get you just that: virtuous people but are they qualified? I prefer a qualified person who needs a decent living just like I do, and takes steps to address it. As long as there is someone to answer a page on the weekend I regard that as sufficient. It does not have to be the LEC. I do NOT expect an AFA LEC to live and breathe AFA.

Once again, ETB time does not have to be posted. Most likely he was sent that Zurich and that is the right of the person who dropped it, as well as his to accept it. Frankly, it is no one else's business.

Reserves are miserable and they want solutions, but JM is not a negotiator and he has limited power to affect the plight of the reserves, barring getting the company to abide by the rules. In that, I assure you, he is effective.

Like I said, hate the system don't hate the person who uses it.

JM is certainly intelligent enough to pull the wool over your eyes, indeed.

So basically what you are saying in the one million words above is "if it's broke; keep it broke", just don't make any waves....... It's the sytem, stupid, right? Get your head out of your azzz, and grow up!

Are you running for office??? something tells me you are, and want to step in the same "overfly" union reps as your predesessor. Didn't you just e-mail me???

No wonder PHL f/as just can't do anything....you just sanction this stuff.

With this kind of mentality of don't-expect-any-new-improvements.... "The "I just can't make any changes because of the the EX vocal union leader blame game" keeps prevailing!

Wow!

Did I overtly insult you Pitbull?

I merely responded to a poster's query.

The system is as you left it. We can vote it out, but slandering someone doesn't do that.

I prefer actions, not words. I would not run for office ever, it is a thankless job and look where it gets you, slandered on an obscure message board dominated by all of 30 people.

I am moving on from US, perhaps you might too?

I actually KNOW JM and how intelligent he is and how he works. He's business, not talk. I am not interested in your vendetta. I am also mystified by what is just so offensive here? A union officer who flys trips? EGAD! Maybe he'll learn what goes on on the airplane! He uses his seniority to get said trips? Again, such a travesty! He accepts trips from someone who wants to get rid of it? Horrors!

There are many factors at work here, mostly being the reserve system that you helped shape. If you read my quoted post, I hold no one responsible for its inception, but it has had fallout. This is just one of the messes left over. If the membership wants to vote him out, it'll happen. I think he's effective and I vote.