Zurich is lovely this time of year.....

Since you asked, here's my take on the whole thing.

JM is a highly intelligent individual who DOES rather than talks. He has quietly solved many problems by interfacing with the company in a manner that yields results. Not exciting, but effective.

What he can't do is overturn a reserve system. He can only make the company comply with what's written, and there are very few protections for reserves, as you all well know.

The contract that sold reserves down the river was influenced by a very vocal former AFA and employee. What she has against JM, I don't know or care. It was a bankruptcy contract and we held little or no power, so I don't hold anyone responsible for it, but the fact is, much of the cost savings that we gave to the company came through the reserves. It also came through paycuts and sick time. Would we all do it again? Sink the damn ship, as far as I am concerned, but none of us knew the scope of the coming carnage.

I didn't care that LA flew on the weekends, and I don't care if JM does. That is their personal time, if they WANT to work every day of the month, that's their business. And do I expect them to fly crap because reserves do? NO. They have a right to their seniority just as anyone else does. Expecting AFA people to somehow be in it for the virtue will get you just that: virtuous people but are they qualified? I prefer a qualified person who needs a decent living just like I do, and takes steps to address it. As long as there is someone to answer a page on the weekend I regard that as sufficient. It does not have to be the LEC. I do NOT expect an AFA LEC to live and breathe AFA.

Once again, ETB time does not have to be posted. Most likely he was sent that Zurich and that is the right of the person who dropped it, as well as his to accept it. Frankly, it is no one else's business.

Reserves are miserable and they want solutions, but JM is not a negotiator and he has limited power to affect the plight of the reserves, barring getting the company to abide by the rules. In that, I assure you, he is effective.

Like I said, hate the system don't hate the person who uses it.
I wish I had the right to my seniority!

Leaders should lead by example.

I am not saying JM needs to throw himself upon his sword but I am saying that the impression of inequity and self entitlement that I perceive is not how I want my leaders to lead. His decision to take 108 hours when he wasn't entitled to it and now seems to be beholden to the company he is supposed to protect us from discourages me. Flying ETB on days off is his business but I believe he should comply with the same legalities so many of us do. Even if his office work isn't considered duty time (?!?) he owes the membership for a fair work week every week- full disclosure- and he should not be able to work 7 days/week just like we are not permitted to.

I truly hope that the PHL f/a's step up this time and choose someone that will be accountable to the membership.
I do not want this to take anything away from the hardworking AFA volunteers and local presidents that do indeed lead by example.

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

Leaders should lead by example.

I am not saying JM needs to throw himself upon his sword but I am saying that the impression of inequity and self entitlement that I perceive is not how I want my leaders to lead. His decision to take 108 hours when he wasn't entitled to it and now seems to be beholden to the company he is supposed to protect us from discourages me. Flying ETB on days off is his business but I believe he should comply with the same legalities so many of us do. Even if his office work isn't considered duty time (?!?) he owes the membership for a fair work week every week- full disclosure- and he should not be able to work 7 days/week just like we are not permitted to.

I truly hope that the PHL f/a's step up this time and choose someone that will be accountable to the membership.
I do not want this to take anything away from the hardworking AFA volunteers and local presidents that do indeed lead by example.

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

What do you not understand? JM is on VACATION for 1 week. He can do whatever he want's too. Stay home in NC, go visit his Grammie, pick his ass, pick his nose, or pick up an ETB trip. What do you not understand about that? What do you not understand about 5 hours pay for everyday he is in the office, just like ADMIN reps in the crew room that hold F/A status like PP. PP get's 5 hours of pay for everyday he is in the office. Are you jealous? If so, why don't you run for a position, and/or offer to work in the crew service center at 5 hours a day pay, and yes, you can still pick up trips off the ETB on the days you don't work in the crew service center, provided you are legal. And if you are on rsv, unfortunately that limit's you but that is the contract the CA designed the last time around.

JM is certainly intelligent enough to pull the wool over your eyes, indeed.

So basically what you are saying in the one million words above is "if it's broke; keep it broke", just don't make any waves....... It's the sytem, stupid, right? Get your head out of your azzz, and grow up!

Are you running for office??? something tells me you are, and want to step in the same "overfly" union reps as your predesessor. Didn't you just e-mail me???

No wonder PHL f/as just can't do anything....you just sanction this stuff.

With this kind of mentality of don't-expect-any-new-improvements.... "The "I just can't make any changes because of the the EX vocal union leader blame game" keeps revailing!

Wow!

WOW! LOOKS WHO'S CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK! :down:

What some fail to grasp is that the apperance of impropriety is often more damaging then the impropriety itself.

This whole thing to me stinks with the stench of wrongdoing even if none exists and therein lies the issue.

Where is The Impropriety? He Has The Right AS Everyone Else Does To Pick Up Time! This Has Nothing To Do With You Piney Nor Your Comments! There Are Alot Of Bitter F/A's Here And They Will Do and Say Anything To Disparage Anyone! :huh:

Did I overtly insult you Pitbull?

I merely responded to a poster's query.

The system is as you left it. We can vote it out, but slandering someone doesn't do that.

I prefer actions, not words. I would not run for office ever, it is a thankless job and look where it gets you, slandered on an obscure message board dominated by all of 30 people.

I am moving on from US, perhaps you might too?

I actually KNOW JM and how intelligent he is and how he works. He's business, not talk. I am not interested in your vendetta. I am also mystified by what is just so offensive here? A union officer who flys trips? EGAD! Maybe he'll learn what goes on on the airplane! He uses his seniority to get said trips? Again, such a travesty! He accepts trips from someone who wants to get rid of it? Horrors!

There are many factors at work here, mostly being the reserve system that you helped shape. If you read my quoted post, I hold no one responsible for its inception, but it has had fallout. This is just one of the messes left over. If the membership wants to vote him out, it'll happen. I think he's effective and I vote.
[/quot e]

Where have you been? ETB is NOT the issue. Do you read, do you investigate? Or, don't you give a hoot that the LECP is company deployed in order to receive flight pay loss higher than the block he can hold????

This is the issue.

With regard to the reserve system, the former LECP of PIttsburgh was NOT on the negotiating committee. Nor, was she on the negotiating committee as an elected MECP. Her tenure commenced on Jan 1 2005, the contract was voted in on Jan. 10, 2005.
Get your facts together before you start pointing fingers on who did what, when, and who was responsible for this/that/and the other.

Ok lets mush this up and bury the question again ok?
I asked about his not being red circled to fly 105 and now gets 108 as a deployed flight attendant. I don't care about the ETB if he is off or on vacation. Now again I ask of those JM supporters....do you NOT find something wrong with his "deployed" status? Do you KNOW what being "deployed" by the COMPANY means? For the billionth time......He's NOT red circled yet gets 108 as a deployed f/a. How are you "deployed" by the company yet your doing Union business? Hmmmmm which is it? It's BS and ALL that know him will come up with every excuse, song and dance they can find to defend him but CAN'T answer the said questions. HIS arrogance shows by his feeling he doesn't have to explain to anyone. He COUNTS on us folks not being contractually knowledgeable enough to recognize that we're being fleeced. :rolleyes:

Where is The Impropriety? He Has The Right AS Everyone Else Does To Pick Up Time! This Has Nothing To Do With You Piney Nor Your Comments! There Are Alot Of Bitter F/A's Here And They Will Do and Say Anything To Disparage Anyone! :huh:

The "legal" right to accomplish an action does not make it proper or improper. One can be legal and be as greedy as one wishes and last I looked, greed is still one of the seven deadly sins.

Once one looks past the smoke and mirrors, any bitterness always has a seed of truth. Always. Ignore such at your own peril. The company likes to feed that bitterness. That is why an employee "advocate" needs to avoid the appearance of improper behavior, in this case, receiving special favors. If the favor is to happen anyway, full disclosure to the clients (flight attendants in this case) is required for their decision as to whether one remains in that position. By going forward with the concurrence of the clients, harmful effects can be compensated for if not neutered.

If the "special favor" had not been disclosed by now, the harm has already been done and can neither be compensated for nor neutered.

Ok lets mush this up and bury the question again ok?
I asked about his not being red circled to fly 105 and now gets 108 as a deployed flight attendant. I don't care about the ETB if he is off or on vacation. Now again I ask of those JM supporters....do you NOT find something wrong with his "deployed" status? Do you KNOW what being "deployed" by the COMPANY means? For the billionth time......He's NOT red circled yet gets 108 as a deployed f/a. How are you "deployed" by the company yet your doing Union business? Hmmmmm which is it? It's BS and ALL that know him will come up with every excuse, song and dance they can find to defend him but CAN'T answer the said questions. HIS arrogance shows by his feeling he doesn't have to explain to anyone. He COUNTS on us folks not being contractually knowledgeable enough to recognize that we're being fleeced. :rolleyes:

Travel,

I think you maybe the only one who gets this issue.

Why do folks keep skirting the main problem by bringing up his flying on vacation and ETB when the main issue is staring everyone in the face? Are some folks purposely doing this? Is it John on these boards perhaps, or sending in his look-a-likes to defend him and distract?

Yes indeed, I'm not at U anymore, and no one really knows whether I will come back on a recall or not; again, no one really knows but me.
The point is when folks write to me and ask me if these things the company does is correct, and does the company deploy union reps...MY ANSWER IS NO...NEVER. Never has an elected official been deployed by the company. The union will appoint f/as to do union work and if its for negotiations, will request the company for extra flight pay loss to cover the union expense to negotiate where the company has forced a negotiation outside of sec. 6.

That's it. This was done for John because he had to have asked for it, and now is in the service of the company who gave permission for him to exceed his line block to collect more money because his block that he can hold is not enough.

It' like turning a blind eye to the minister who is beloved by his congregation of the church even though he has robbed the offering/collection basket at church every week because he's just not making enough money in his salary .

Geezus, people! No wonder there is so much corruption when there is no transparency or when no one holds their leaders accountable.
Its no wonder the company continues to abuse the employees at USAirways.

Has anyone bothered to pick up the phone and call JM and ask him about these issues?

Hell, there was a huge e-mail exchange that I happened to be copied into and he repsonded to every other issue but this! There must have been at least 50 PHL f/as included in that.

He just doesn't have to answer. All he states is that the company gave this to him and then proceeds to attack the e-mailer who posed the question.

Put an E-line out or something John. We wouldn't want all of those f/a's calling on the phone interrupting important union business or ETB scouting. Ouch. ;)