ZW COPFS T/A reached.

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
From www.iam143.org:

"updated 01/15/2008 3:53 PM
Tentative Agreement
On December 19, 2007, AWAC contacted District 143 to advise of the company’s position in the bidding process with UAL on our current stations’ ground handling bid: Without $820,000 in annual savings from the IAM COFPS contract, as well as a four (4) year extension of the current agreement, AWAC would not be awarded any ground handling, and AWAC could not make any additional investments into the bid -- and without the annual savings, our jobs would be awarded to another ground handling company.

Since December 20, 2007, IAM District 143 President/Directing General Chair Steve Gordon, Sr. General Chair Gerry Bernson, General Chair (Assigned to AWAC) Paul Longden, and District 143 VP AWAC Kevin Heffernan have been reviewing costing data requested from AWAC.

On Monday, January 7, 2008, your officers met with Air Wisconsin representatives at our District 143 office to discuss Air Wisconsin’s “request for proposalâ€￾ results and the future of their “ground handlingâ€￾ business. District 143 continued reviewing costing data to formulate a final proposal.

On the evening of Friday, January 11, 2008, final discussions continued and a tentative agreement was formulated that would preserve all of our current stations and our membership’s jobs, current rates and pay progressions throughout the proposed four (4) year agreement, and current benefits, increase longevity pay of $0.20 cents per hour from 22 years of service through 25 years; change retirement qualifications to a minimum of ten (10) years of service with age adding to a minimum of 65; and provide a Early Retirement Separation Program for active employees effective February 1, 2008, wherein those who have a minimum of ten (10) years of service and age adding to a minimum of 65 would qualify for two (2) weeks of pay for each year of service at the employee's current rate of pay.

On Monday, January 14, 2008, AWAC representatives Vince Portaro (V.P. Customer Service) and Joel Kuplack (V.P. Labor Relations) met with your District Officers at our District office and signed a tentative agreement that will be voted on by our rank-and-file members on Air Wisconsin.

NEW HIRES ONLY: The cost savings to AWAC will be borne by the NEW HIRES hired after the date of signing of a ratified agreement as follows: 1/Paid in accordance with current rates of pay, 2/new health care plan (which provides the annual savings to AWAC), 3/sick leave pay at 50% for the first (5) consecutive days missed for each occurrence, 4/creation of relief shifts; and 5/preferential bidding.

Your Negotiating Committee (General Chair Paul Longden and District Vice President Kevin Heffernan) recommends a YES VOTE on the tentative agreement. Please review the contract changes to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement."

From www.iam143.org:

"updated 01/15/2008 3:53 PM
Tentative Agreement
On December 19, 2007, AWAC contacted District 143 to advise of the company’s position in the bidding process with UAL on our current stations’ ground handling bid: Without $820,000 in annual savings from the IAM COFPS contract, as well as a four (4) year extension of the current agreement, AWAC would not be awarded any ground handling, and AWAC could not make any additional investments into the bid -- and without the annual savings, our jobs would be awarded to another ground handling company.

Since December 20, 2007, IAM District 143 President/Directing General Chair Steve Gordon, Sr. General Chair Gerry Bernson, General Chair (Assigned to AWAC) Paul Longden, and District 143 VP AWAC Kevin Heffernan have been reviewing costing data requested from AWAC.

On Monday, January 7, 2008, your officers met with Air Wisconsin representatives at our District 143 office to discuss Air Wisconsin’s “request for proposalâ€￾ results and the future of their “ground handlingâ€￾ business. District 143 continued reviewing costing data to formulate a final proposal.

On the evening of Friday, January 11, 2008, final discussions continued and a tentative agreement was formulated that would preserve all of our current stations and our membership’s jobs, current rates and pay progressions throughout the proposed four (4) year agreement, and current benefits, increase longevity pay of $0.20 cents per hour from 22 years of service through 25 years; change retirement qualifications to a minimum of ten (10) years of service with age adding to a minimum of 65; and provide a Early Retirement Separation Program for active employees effective February 1, 2008, wherein those who have a minimum of ten (10) years of service and age adding to a minimum of 65 would qualify for two (2) weeks of pay for each year of service at the employee's current rate of pay.

On Monday, January 14, 2008, AWAC representatives Vince Portaro (V.P. Customer Service) and Joel Kuplack (V.P. Labor Relations) met with your District Officers at our District office and signed a tentative agreement that will be voted on by our rank-and-file members on Air Wisconsin.

NEW HIRES ONLY: The cost savings to AWAC will be borne by the NEW HIRES hired after the date of signing of a ratified agreement as follows: 1/Paid in accordance with current rates of pay, 2/new health care plan (which provides the annual savings to AWAC), 3/sick leave pay at 50% for the first (5) consecutive days missed for each occurrence, 4/creation of relief shifts; and 5/preferential bidding.

Your Negotiating Committee (General Chair Paul Longden and District Vice President Kevin Heffernan) recommends a YES VOTE on the tentative agreement. Please review the contract changes to the current Collective Bargaining Agreement."

:angry: Kevin

Gee Kevin when do we get to say enough is enough? I do not believe the contract with UA has not already been signed! If these 6 investors made 42million last year 820,000 out of their pocket will not hurt. They are obviously not going to give up a cash cow. I'm sorry but my wallet has taken the hit the last 2 contracts and it needs to STOP. I see that the union is only looking out for itself when even thinking about agreeing to this, a loss of the dues for IAM143 is greed on their part and not fairly representing the COPFS employees. I understand the UNION will accept this even if it is voted down.Isn't this communism, telling me what is good or me because you think you are saving a job is more important. If IAM143 agrees to this DUES HAD BETTER NOT GO UP DURING THIS AGREEMENT.

A YES vote is for the union in bed with the company. A NO vote is for the employee......

Shame on you and Paul for not even thinking about the past and what has already been given up.

I not only say NO but HELL NO.

Stang--

Good for you (seriously). I hope all of you get something decent.

While I'm at it, I posted this just for info purposes, and to hear what any ZW'ers might have to add...I'm not Kevin Heffernan (I don't even work at ZW), and I'm *no* fan of Longden.

Latest posts