ZZZZZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz...HUH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright...somebody had to start this topic. See article below. Beyond the potentially tragic outcome this could have had (and I'm glad it wasn't), these sleeping stories always strike me funny. A follow-up to this is that the CVR was only a 30 minute loop. Absolutely no-help.

Northwest flight lands safely after flying 150 miles beyond airport
A Northwest Airlines jet that flew 150 miles beyond its scheduled arrival airport has renewed concerns over pilot rest. The NTSB reports that Northwest Flight 188 from San Diego to Minneapolis went more than 75 minutes without responding to radio calls from air-traffic controllers on Wednesday evening. Upon landing safely at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, the pilots told investigators they were engaged in a "heated discussion over airline policy" and lost track of their whereabouts. Delta Air Lines, the corporate parent of Northwest, issued the following statement: "We are cooperating with the FAA and NTSB in their investigation as well as conducting our own internal investigation. The pilots have been relieved from active flying pending the completion of these investigations." The New York Times (10/22) , USA TODAY (10/22) , The Wall Street Journal (10/23)

Alright...somebody had to start this topic. See article below. Beyond the potentially tragic outcome this could have had (and I'm glad it wasn't), these sleeping stories always strike me funny. A follow-up to this is that the CVR was only a 30 minute loop. Absolutely no-help.

Northwest flight lands safely after flying 150 miles beyond airport
A Northwest Airlines jet that flew 150 miles beyond its scheduled arrival airport has renewed concerns over pilot rest. The NTSB reports that Northwest Flight 188 from San Diego to Minneapolis went more than 75 minutes without responding to radio calls from air-traffic controllers on Wednesday evening. Upon landing safely at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, the pilots told investigators they were engaged in a "heated discussion over airline policy" and lost track of their whereabouts. Delta Air Lines, the corporate parent of Northwest, issued the following statement: "We are cooperating with the FAA and NTSB in their investigation as well as conducting our own internal investigation. The pilots have been relieved from active flying pending the completion of these investigations." The New York Times (10/22) , USA TODAY (10/22) , The Wall Street Journal (10/23)
Don't we wish.That is record time..continuous loop.Modern technology used by the FBI can glean much beyond the 30 minutes .

Already being discussed in the Northwest Forum..No need to duplicate discussions.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.