Welcome to AirlineForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hope & Change

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

delldude

delldude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20816 posts
Remember Van Jones?
Self acknowledged communist and truther who was Environmental Czar and stepped down after his background was exposed......hand picked by little Val.

So where is her head at politically as the closet adviser to our President?

And, where is our Presidents head at politically with people of this nature as his closest advisors?

straightpride.jpg

SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7360 posts
Just when you think you heard it all from the Politburo of the Peoples Democratic Republic of Barackistan, along comes a quote from the recent past.

A direct quote from Obama's Energy Secretary, Steven Chu:

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

Ponder the above statement as you wander into the voting booth. Then ask yourself "Is this the hope and change I voted for in 2008?" Found another interesting one.

Obama Skins the Cat
February 25, 2012
S. Fred Singer
American Thinker

How White House ideology circumvents the Congress and impoverishes American households by making energy prices “sky-rocket”

Much of White House policy is driven by pathological fear of global warming and the unreasonable compulsion to reduce emissions of carbon dioxide, a non-toxic natural constituent of the atmosphere and an absolute necessity for the survival of plants, animals, and humans. Never mind that there’s no significant evidence that any recent warming has been caused by CO2 increases—or indeed, that any such warming would endanger human health and welfare. In addition, it should be quite obvious that any attempt by the U.S. to reduce its emissions unilaterally is an exercise in futility and self-delusion: it would have little measurable impact on the ongoing rise of global atmospheric CO2 and would certainly not affect climate in any way.

But evidently, ideology trumps science, economics, and logic. Even common-sense considerations have not stopped President Obama from listening to his science adviser, Dr. John Holdren, one of the chief apostles of the global-warming religion. Holdren is a former collaborator and associate of Stanford Professor Paul Ehrlich, whose seminal book The Population Bomb, published some 40 years ago, preaches population control to achieve zero growth.

MORE
Truth Is Treason In The Empire of Lies

tech2101

tech2101

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3655 posts

A direct quote from Obama's Energy Secretary, Steven Chu:

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe."

In the words of your Demi-god, 'there you go again'.

That quote was by Chu, who was then the Director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab at the time in 2008 when he said it.

Here is an article to put the quote in context.

POLITICS DECEMBER 12, 2008
Times Tough for Energy OverhaulStruggling Economy, Falling Oil Prices Complicate Obama Team's Agenda

"Contrary to what everyone thinks, there's very little the Department of Energy can do to affect the types of fuel the country uses or the amounts they use," said Paul Portney, former president of Resources for the Future, a Washington think tank.

Edited by tech2101, 25 February 2012 - 11:40 PM.

Leaders find solutions, not excuses.

delldude

delldude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20816 posts
I enjoyed Obama crowing the other day about how the Republicans are quick to jump on this gas price thing and use it for political gain.

And about 36 hours later...."Psst,Barry......gas prices always get blamed on the sitting President"

Then its photo op time and "Well we can't expect to solve this problem overnight by drill drill drill"
basically panicking now....LOL

What jerk ass handlers he must have.

Then Tech is on here crowing about gas production is higher now(Obama said it too) then I see some gas industry CEO claiming that the only places gas production is up is on private land where Obama can't touch it. LOL

Then he goes on about drilling permits are down in the gulf like 70% and 30% on land.

Man I can't wait until the election campaign is off and running, Obama is going to be slammed for his lame ass energy policies ad after ad.
All this focus on green and its going to be like egg on his face.

straightpride.jpg

delldude

delldude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20816 posts

That quote was by Chu, who was then the Director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab at the time in 2008 when he said it.

Times Tough for Energy OverhaulStruggling Economy, Falling Oil Prices Complicate Obama Team's Agenda

Yeah and at the time he's part of the team and he said it and you can't make it go away..... :lol:

That too will be all over campaign ads and the voter is going to listen to his wallet.

straightpride.jpg

delldude

delldude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20816 posts

This is interesting........

Dec. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Nobel laureate Steve Chu is Barack Obama’s choice to head the Department of Energy as the president-elect rounds out his energy and environmental team, a person close to the transition said.

straightpride.jpg

SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7360 posts

Did he say it? YES, he did! Was/is he Secretary of Energy? Indeed so! End of conversation. As they say in the law, "Goes to motive"

Now then moving briskly along. Let's get into why somewhere are around 25% of the rise in gas prices is the DIRECT Result of the Obama Administration policies. Ever here of "Commodity Inflation"?

These two excerpts are from a Blog titles Econonbrowser: Submitted for you consideration,

The dollar strengthened against the euro with last spring's sovereign debt concerns, but has slid back dramatically since this summer. My view is that the anticipation of the Fed's latest quantitative easing measures has been a key factor in that slide. (Author's note: When did Gas start to rise?)

It's interesting to look at how big an increase in commodity prices we would have expected given the size of the dollar depreciation and given the size of the recent correlation. It turns out that the recent run-up in oil prices is no mystery, given the magnitude of the dollar depreciation.In the year ended September 1, a 1% depreciation of the dollar would typically be associated with a 1.3% increase in the dollar price of oil or copper.

Further the result is due to the massive debt in this country and around the world. The "Quantitative Easing" QE1 & QE2 initiated by the Fed to buy bad debt and open up markets runs the risk of staggering deflation as the bad debt is not liquidated from our system. This places further upward pressure on prices. Further as the debt is now over 100% of GDP our options become limited and the Keynesian big government solution proving to be an abject failure we see not only Oil rising but other commodities as well. Since Barack Obama took office he have seen a 25% increase in the price of groceries as well. These increases in prices are a direct result of the regime. I put a quick pencil to it and these price increase represent around a $175/mo hidden tax on those who can afford it least.

Any question as to answer to the fundamental election question? Are you better off now then you were four years ago?" People vote there wallets AND if there kids are getting shot at in far off lands. This guy hasn't met an Arab state he couldn't bomb, invade or threaten to do either one and it's clear to most human beings he doesn't understand economics.

Truth is the Republicans could put up a Baby Harp seal against him and I'd vote for it over this guy.

Ms Tree

Ms Tree

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7945 posts
No one is talking about the fact that refineries are being shut down and the US gas exports are the US's largest export. The oil companies are selling the gas abroad at a high rate than can be earned here in the US. That just might have an affect on gas prices at the pump huh?

I think the gas price issue is a catch 22. Unfortunately Reagan killed the gas tax and with it any incentive there was to start developing alternative fuels.

I agree with the basis of what Obama is arguing for in terms of higher fuel prices but the idiot is doing a horrible job of explaining it much the same way they screwed up health care reform. Great idea with no support. Fuel prices should have been gradually increased while the economy was doing better in the 80's and 90's. When fuel prices are low people waste. There is no incentive to develop alternatives. No incentive to start building mass transit. Think of the mass transit we would have now if we had started to develop it back in the 70's when the first gas crisis hit. Instead we just sat by and did nothing. Not one damn thing.

My wifes car is 16 years old and makes 34 mpg on the high way at an average speed of 67mph. Calculated it on a MSY trip a few weeks ago. I do not believe that in 16 years we can not improve upon that and this is in a 5 passenger mid size (by todays measurements) sedan.

The sudden jump in gas prices now is to damaging. The fear in Iran and other hot spots in the ME is scaring the speculators. In Jul of 08, crude hit $150 a barre yet gas prices were lower than they are today at a little over $100 a barrel. We can start drilling and lower oil prices just to be hit with this issue farther on down the line or we can finally address the issue and start trying a different plan.

There is no easy fix. The free market surely cannot fix the problem. Markets are reactive, not proactive. We need to be ahead of the curve on this problem. We need to reduce consumption by driving less, and having more fuel efficient vehicles. We need to start building houses that are far more energy efficient. We need to research and subsidize renewable resources like solar and wind on a small scale such as for residential homes. We need to start investing heavily in mass transit. Light rail and buses for the cities and trains to connect cities and suburbs.

We have been coasting for quite some time now. We can pay a little now or we can pay a whole lot more later. I'm betting the people in the US will continue to be stupid and pay more later.
With out god, life is everything.

delldude

delldude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20816 posts
I heard about the gas and refineries....how many got shut down?

Another Obama EPA nudge.

straightpride.jpg

Ms Tree

Ms Tree

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7945 posts

Truth is the Republicans could put up a Baby Harp seal against him and I'd vote for it over this guy.

They looked but they could not find a seal dumb enough to run for the RNC. They found a few turkeys of which four are left standing.
With out god, life is everything.

delldude

delldude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20816 posts
Lets see....

EPA (cap and trade) made more stringent emissions standards on coal fired power and did the same to refineries.......resulting in shutdowns and EPA induced shortages and higher prices.

So we're supposed to buy into failing green energy products?

straightpride.jpg

SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7360 posts

No one is talking about the fact that refineries are being shut down and the US gas exports are the US's largest export. The oil companies are selling the gas abroad at a high rate than can be earned here in the US. That just might have an affect on gas prices at the pump huh?

I think the gas price issue is a catch 22. Unfortunately Reagan killed the gas tax and with it any incentive there was to start developing alternative fuels.

I agree with the basis of what Obama is arguing for in terms of higher fuel prices but the idiot is doing a horrible job of explaining it much the same way they screwed up health care reform. Great idea with no support. Fuel prices should have been gradually increased while the economy was doing better in the 80's and 90's. When fuel prices are low people waste. There is no incentive to develop alternatives. No incentive to start building mass transit. Think of the mass transit we would have now if we had started to develop it back in the 70's when the first gas crisis hit. Instead we just sat by and did nothing. Not one damn thing.

My wifes car is 16 years old and makes 34 mpg on the high way at an average speed of 67mph. Calculated it on a MSY trip a few weeks ago. I do not believe that in 16 years we can not improve upon that and this is in a 5 passenger mid size (by todays measurements) sedan.

The sudden jump in gas prices now is to damaging. The fear in Iran and other hot spots in the ME is scaring the speculators. In Jul of 08, crude hit $150 a barre yet gas prices were lower than they are today at a little over $100 a barrel. We can start drilling and lower oil prices just to be hit with this issue farther on down the line or we can finally address the issue and start trying a different plan.

There is no easy fix. The free market surely cannot fix the problem. Markets are reactive, not proactive. We need to be ahead of the curve on this problem. We need to reduce consumption by driving less, and having more fuel efficient vehicles. We need to start building houses that are far more energy efficient. We need to research and subsidize renewable resources like solar and wind on a small scale such as for residential homes. We need to start investing heavily in mass transit. Light rail and buses for the cities and trains to connect cities and suburbs.

We have been coasting for quite some time now. We can pay a little now or we can pay a whole lot more later. I'm betting the people in the US will continue to be stupid and pay more later.

ALL of the above is irrelevant!

It in NOT the role of government to pick economic winners as a matter of public policy. We've already reduced consumption on a per capita basis.

You want an example of "Proactive Action" by the Federal Government and I give you Freddie and Fannie and the housing bubble. Between the fiat currency and the Government mandating underwriting policies (Think easy credit) and just as Ron Paul predicted 4 years earlier the bubble burst. Gotta LOVE that proactive Government.

Want another example of a government managed economy? Ever hear of the Soviet Union? Finally collapsed due to debt and a government run economy. Now there's Hope and Change we can all believe in. OOPS and then there is the government car, aka Chevy Volt!! I hear they got orders stacked up like well a half empty box of toothpicks. Anyone know did sales of this government wunder kar break 2,000 units in a 13 million unit marketplace?

And to think people actually think the government can run health care? So called green energy is nothing more then Crony Capitalism at its finest.

Truth is the previous 3 paragraphs are trumped by the first one.

[attachment=9361:407296_187984177968272_100002700724396_241856_536922769_n.jpg]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users