Welcome to AirlineForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Non Rev policies after merger?

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

USnonrev16

USnonrev16

• Registered Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and wanted to get your opinion on this. If US does merge with AA, what do you think will happen with the nonrev situation? Do you think that the new company would retain US' non rev policies?

Also, what do you think of AA's policies right now? Would it be THAT bad if US adopted AA's? Finally, what do you think would happen to load factors for the new company? Would it be impossible to get anywhere due to American's employees' seniority?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

FWAAA

FWAAA

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9119 posts
Posted Image

Ramp Rogue

Ramp Rogue

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and wanted to get your opinion on this. If US does merge with AA, what do you think will happen with the nonrev situation? Do you think that the new company would retain US' non rev policies?

What is AA's non rev policy?

Rogue.....

wings396

wings396

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3458 posts
Who knows, its a bit premature to even guess. I don't even have a clue what AA's policy is.

necigrad

necigrad

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1104 posts
Honestly I don't think it will matter. As a West employee, what I saw was that our benefits didn't necessarily shift one way or another, but more towards whatever the company felt was reasonable. I seem to recall when the combined policy came out there was this big comparison to other carriers and what we were going to get. The only exception to this might be contractual, I THINK the West FAs have their benefits in their CBA.

lax

lax

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

What is AA's non rev policy?

Rogue.....

AA boarding priority

You will be assigned boarding priority within your travel classification based on the check-in time entered in SABRE. Preference for class of service will be offered in order of boarding priority when possible. Note: The revenue customers and higher priority non-rev travelers will be accommodated before you. Through passengers are boarded before all local passengers with the same boarding priority, regardless of check-in time.

cynic

cynic

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
Whichever policy will generate more revenue is the one they will use.

flybynite

flybynite

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1741 posts
I believe their policy is first come-first served.

It's hard to say how non-reving will work out. US has some pretty senior folks too.

Non Rev

Non Rev

Senior

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
I "think" AA employees pay by flight segments. Years ago If found an AA pay stub on the floor. I recall seeing payroll deductions for flight segments. Hopefully an AA employee can give us the low down.

Crash Pad DCA

Crash Pad DCA

Advanced

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
AA
No buddy passes until after two (2) years of service.
Can fly for free in first (I'll check that) after 10 years of service.

"Our planes should be in the air. Not our jobs."206onsy.jpg

BoeingBoy

BoeingBoy

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16512 posts

I "think" AA employees pay by flight segments. Years ago If found an AA pay stub on the floor. I recall seeing payroll deductions for flight segments. Hopefully an AA employee can give us the low down.

That was how AA handled charging for buddy passes - payroll deduction of the appropriate fee from the employee supplying the buddy passes. It was then up to the employee to get reimbursed by those using the buddy passes or give them away.

Jim
Silver: No question the [9th] embraced the issue that there was harm to the West Pilots.

Crash Pad DCA

Crash Pad DCA

Advanced

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
AA Non-Rev Wiki
http://www.flyerguid...nue_Travel_(AA)

"Our planes should be in the air. Not our jobs."206onsy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users