Welcome to AirlineForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

A&P hiring in OKC?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Birdman

Birdman

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
I'm leaving American Airlines after 22+ years as a structures/avionics mechanic. Anyone know of any great places to work in the Oklahoma City area.

Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2959 posts
ICE and FAA have a big aviation related presence in OKC.

https://faa.usajobs.gov/

Birdman

Birdman

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
Thanks Glenn, I've had an app in on USAJobs since early aug. for a position at Tinker. Haven't heard back. What is ICE?

Kev3188

Kev3188

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10630 posts
Immigration and Customs Enforcement. JPATS (the "airline" for immigration & US Marshalls) is HDQ'ed in OKC, I think...
Obstacles make you clever.

Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2959 posts
Yes, Kev. I think the FAA may have the contract on that work now. I think ARINC also has a facility at OKC. I am not sure what kind of gig that is.

Birdman

Birdman

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1125 posts

Yes, Kev. I think the FAA may have the contract on that work now. I think ARINC also has a facility at OKC. I am not sure what kind of gig that is.

Been watching AIRINC jobs quite a while but travel is 75-100%. I believe they do military all over the world so very little home time in OKC.

Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2959 posts
If you are looking for an aviation job in a city you live, you are in the wrong field. You should be looking for a city you are willing to live in, that has the aviation job you are willing to do.

Birdman

Birdman

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1125 posts

If you are looking for an aviation job in a city you live, you are in the wrong field. You should be looking for a city you are willing to live in, that has the aviation job you are willing to do.

I live in Tulsa and was wondering if anyone knew of any good jobs in the OKC area. What city would you suggest?

Birdman

Birdman

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
Just a heads up, there is a job fair in Midwest City (suburb of OKC) on Oct. 23 and should have some aviation employers participating.

Birdman

Birdman

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1125 posts
Does anyone know anything about AAR in OKC good or bad?

juandigital

juandigital

• Registered Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
With 22 years you should have no problem getting picked up. My favorite job sites are jsfirm and indeedjobs.com. Good luck!
Posted ImageShow your pride with Aircraft Mechanic Shirts.com

Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2959 posts

Does anyone know anything about AAR in OKC good or bad?

Heard it was a shiithole. You will despise it after working at an airline. You will also be shocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users