Welcome to AirlineForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

APFA National Officers Election

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you re-elect APFA President John Ward, APFA Secretary Linda Lanning and APFA Treasurer Juan Johnson? Just remember who sold this membership out to AA! (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you re-elect APFA President John Ward, APFA Secretary Linda Lanning and APFA Treasurer Juan Johnson? Just remember who sold this membership out to AA!

1. NO! (43 votes [87.76%])

Percentage of vote: 87.76%

2. Yes (6 votes [12.24%])

Percentage of vote: 12.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

LiveInAHotel

LiveInAHotel

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
How can anyone vote to re-elect these fools who sold the APFA membership out to AA? Remember they violated our APFA Constitution by not allowing us 30 days to ratify the concessions (they gave us 15 days). They extended the vote an extra 24 hours after we voted NO on the concessions. Both violate the APFA Constitution!

APFA Vice President Jeff Bott, is not running for re-election.

Rock Solomon for APFA President!

L1011Ret

L1011Ret

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
And if you want more reasons, read the testimony of J. Ward and the AA Dir Labor Relations in the TWA F/As attempt to get an injunction.
William Chamberlin

s80dude

s80dude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
The resolution allowing APFA to shorten the balloting period (1A, on 3/19) was actually presented by Jeff Bott and seconded by Liz Mallon. You can blame Ward for the ballot extension at the end, but remember it was Jeff Bott and the yellow bellied BOD that wanted the balloting shortened.

Skyyggoddess

Skyyggoddess

Advanced

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Additionally, APFA lawyers (not Patt Gibbs) warned that shortening the balloting time could bring on legal action by the membership. This advice was ignored.

s80dude

s80dude

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
I know the upcoming national officer vote is important, but as far as i am concerned, we need to clean house with the BOD and soon! I want strong leadership from TOP to BOTTOM!

jimntx

jimntx

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7970 posts

I know the upcoming national officer vote is important, but as far as i am concerned, we need to clean house with the BOD and soon!  I want strong leadership from TOP to BOTTOM!

Yeah, but remember the base chairs constitute the BOD, and most run unopposed. I talked at length one day with the JFK base chair. She says that she has wanted to give up the chair position for several years, but can't get anyone to run for the office.

A lot of f/a's like to complain, but very few are willing to step up and run for office. As I am on furlough, I don't have access to the secure areas of the airport--like Ops--where most of the campaigning takes place.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not your sport.

L1011Ret

L1011Ret

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts
However you want to see it, J Ward and crew have brought on a flurry of lawsuits and divided the membership into polarized camps. It would appear that some union positions are thought of as lifetime employment. You really need some new leadership.
William Chamberlin

MiAAmi

MiAAmi

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
Make sure to know who your voting for. Sometimes the Devil you know is better than the devils you don't know. Rumor has it some canidates have stated that they support some sort of integration of TWA f/a seniority. PROTECT YOUR SENIORITY!!!!!!

TransWorldONE

TransWorldONE

Advanced

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
. PROTECT YOUR SENIORITY!!!!!! ....or bankrupt yourself trying :up:

MiAAmi

MiAAmi

Veteran

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
Better to bankrupt the union than to have any seniority loss. I would be willing to give more in union dues to fight for seniority.

woztwa

woztwa

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Better to bankrupt the union than to have any seniority loss.  I would be willing to give more in union dues to fight for seniority.

:lol: Spoken like a true "unionist"-NOT. You'd be on the streets without a union and you are close to it now if you align with the Devil. Glad you are out for #ONE!
Typical.....

skivoodoo

skivoodoo

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
You're falling into Ward's trap if you make this election about TWA. This same scare tactic was used during the cram down and you're falling for it again. How easy you forget! :huh: You really are an easy target for Ward. TWA will be handled in the court system, not by this election.

This election needs to be about cleaning house. Those currently holding office at APFA are corrupt. They have placed APFA and the AA F/A on the bottom of the labor list with concern to our share of the pie at AA. We are seen as an easy target because of Ward. He needs to go-PERIOD. And all of his cronies too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users