1-17-06 Stock down 10% today what gives?

Crude up, airlines down. And LCC had about the biggest run-up, so has further to fall.

Just my 2 cents worth....

Jim

I guess the situation in Iran does not bode well for crude oil futures..

Iran produced 3.9 million barrels of crude oil a day last month, almost 5 percent of world output, according to Bloomberg figures.

This is not good.

US Airways Group (NYSE:LCC - News)
Price/fair value ratio: 330%
From the Analyst Report: "Let's get one thing straight: Newlywed US Airways is not a low-cost carrier, no matter what its ticker suggests. Despite its newfound financial stability and some favorable near-term industry trends, US Airways cannot escape its poor business fundamentals. This is not a buy-and-hold stock."
and everybody lived happily ever after.....

guess it wouldn't be that bad if Iran had nuclear capability?
suitcase in NY no problem,eh?
This is probably a discussion for a new thread and forum, but what the hey...

The leaders of Iran may be crazy, but they are not stupid. They know that there is no political support in the world, Arab or otherwise, for an attack on the U.S. or Israel.

Iraq was cobbled together by Great Britain from a disparate collection of Arab communities and tribes which had hated and warred against each other for hundreds (if not thousands) of years. Iran, on the other hand, is an ancient nation (formerly known as Persia) of cultural, intellectual, and artistic accomplishments. Even as a Shi'ite Moslem people, the Iranis gave women untold freedom and education. Female teachers, physicians, and business professionals have been a fact of life in Iran for many years.

My personal opinion (which, of course, is always dead on accurate :lol: ) is that the current President of Iran is gigging Bush and company just because he can. He's making these outrageous statements just to blow smoke up Bush and company's collective skirts and watch them over-react like parents who have lost control of disruptive children.

An analogy...One of our male cats used to love to back one of our female cats who hated him into a corner. Just because she would scream bloody murder without him having to touch her or get close enough for her to scratch him. He would then look over his shoulder at us with an "Isn't this cool?" look on his face.

The President of Iran is just enjoying watching the Bushies run around like chickens with their heads cut off. Of course, he's playing into Bush's hands as well because he needs a "viable threat" to distract people from the Abramoff scandals, and the FEMA incompetence, nad the multi-billion dollar handouts to Halliburton, and the continued loss of life in Iraq. They are so desperate to "prove" that peace is coming to Iraq that the Pentagon trumpeted the other day that only 7000+ troops had been wounded or killed in Iraq in 2005 as opposed to almost 9,000 casualties in 2004.

my problem is they have cash to fund backdoor wackos who would attack US.
they know if they attack Israel....doom is on its way....but on the other hand Israel won't idly sit by and let this happen...Osirik II?
could get very interesting in the blink of an eye.
I still feel they'd be goofy enough to initiate a first and last strike against Israel.
time will tell.

my problem is they have cash to fund backdoor wackos who would attack US.
And, where do they get that cash? From Americans who refuse to give up their Navigators and Escalades, etc. Granted we ain't buying all that much oil directly from Iran, but our insatiable appetite for the stuff keeps the world price high. :lol: :shock: :lol:

And, there was a piece in the paper today about how Representative Ney of Ohio pressured the State Department to ease the sanctions on Iran at the request of one of Abramoff's clients.

It is only a matter of time before all nations not only have nuclear capability, but build them.

U.S. pays Pakistan not to build. China and India won't say a word to stop Iran from building weapons of mass destruction, because they depend on Iran for most of their fuel energy needs(isn't the building of weapons of mass destruction the reason why we destroyed the regime in Iraq and installed our ways of democracy????)

U.S. can't keep giving tax payer $$ to entice nations not to build these weapons and continue to fight a war in Iraq, fund Social Security, Medicare, Katrina, and police the world. And we can't keep invading countries because they build weapons of mass destruction.

I say...PROTECT OUR BOARDERS WITH EVERYTHING WE SPEND ABROAD. Translation: Using all the resources we spend fighting these countries or protecting them and channel those resources back into our country protecting our nation FIRST.

Diplomacy works only with nations that are diplomatic. We can't continue to police the world, we need to spend the resources to protect our nation and find the technology to protect our country from a nuclear attack and terrorism.

End of story.

With all due respect, if you stick your head in the sand, there is a real good chance you're not going to like what you see the next time you have to pull it out.

Yeah.. most of Iran's oil goes to Asia, and Europe. Food for thought, Iran is sitting on top of 5% of the worlds oil reserves, that's quite an asset. I can understand why they might want a nuke, maybe to protect that asset? All the anti Jewish crap is just propaganda to keep all the religious whackos in Iran happy...

This is about money and power, which Iran's rulers do not want to give up. Iran’s leaders figure much like North Korea, if they have nukes; the US will be forced to deal with Iran diplomatically and could never pull off the schit they did to their next door neighbor. Heck, if I'm the king or whatever of Iran, I'd only need to see Saddam sitting in jail cell eating coa coa puffs for breakfast once before I tried to get myself a nuke.

But no really.. thanks for hi-jacking my thread all up and getting me side tracked...