10th Anniversary of TWA Flt. 800

nbmcg01

Veteran
Sep 6, 2004
Please take a few moments to honor the memory of those lost 11 years ago. TWA was small enough that we ALL knew someone on that flight. They were all such wonderful people. It still takes my breath away. I had the newhires in class and remember their smiles and enthusiasm as if it were yesterday. More angels to watch over you and keep you safe.

Actually, it is the 11th but I didn't know how to correct the header.

Please take a few moments to honor the memory of those lost 11 years ago. TWA was small enough that we ALL knew someone on that flight. They were all such wonderful people. It still takes my breath away. I had the newhires in class and remember their smiles and enthusiasm as if it were yesterday. More angels to watch over you and keep you safe.

Actually, it is the 11th but I didn't know how to correct the header.

Thanks for the post Reverand. There is also a thoughtful rememberance on Airliners.net regarding TW800.

Attachments

• 800.jpg
    800.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 163
I used to fly TWA a lot. I knew one of the FA's on this flight, from all of the flights I flew in the past.

I will always feel for the husband who lost not only his wife but both of his children on this flight.

I think that of all things that happened to TWA this was the one thing that could not be overcome.

I will always remember watching CNN in the evening about this horrible crash, when it happened.

I have visited the website that lists the people who were on the flight. It is very sad.

Amazing that it has been 11 years. I can clearly remember being at work and finding out about from a teleprinter message from LGA. "A TWA 747 has crashed off Long Island...it looks bad"
I gave the printer message to the supv who said "Oh, no!" and then quietly showed it to everyone at the ticket counter.
After work I went to the TWA counter to express condolences to their people who looked dazed.

I will NEVER forget the FACE of FBI lead investigator......James Kahlstrom.

I'll NEVER understand, HOW that LYING MOTHER ****ER, can live with himself, all these years,..........and that goes for all his "handlers" as well :down: :down: :down:

NH/BB's

<_< ---- As tragic as Flt.800 was, here's one little side note that was told to me by one of our inspectors. It seems years before, a small plane was lost over the same area. The pilot killed and never found. But durring the recovery of Flt.800, parts of that small plane were found and given to the surviving family members.----- His son, who today is a AA Inspection Supervior who works here that MCIE, and is an exTWA employee!

Latest posts

Back