11/1/03, "first Day" Of The "new" Skd. Change !

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
As most of us are aware, tomorrow(11/1/03) is the first day, of the first dramatic schedule change, since concessions. (AND as an extra added attraction, it falls on a SATURDAY, the one day of the week, in this business, that if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong)(sat. AM, that is)

SOOOOO,
I'll start this thread so all work groups can report any "interesting" events that "might" occur, tomorrow etc. etc.

Speaking from a FSC perspective, I hope Management has staffed adequately.

Should be (very) interesting. At AA, It ALWAYS IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Starting tomorrow) "keep those cards and letters coming"

NH/BB's

Oh, they haven't...the gate manning for LGA looks like Swiss cheese for today,3 PM gates are unmanned.15 EWR and 20 JFK people report back to their home stations on Monday morning and as you know, you get Sat/Sun off when reporting to a "New" station.Sooooo,there are quite a few holes in the manning here.

Only good thing is it's a Saturday so the reduced schedule won't bite them that badly...today,tommorow when we go back to a full schedule is going to be interesting,to say the least.

Ok here's a report on Day 1 fr.flight service...."The Count Down To ARMAGEDON (or just that "flu" mumbo jumbo)"!!!

My seq.was to DHD FLL-DFW then work 1386 back to FLL.DHD flight op.as normal except for something VERY interesting. The new month brought us a WONDERFUL surprise........can you guess???? Yes yes my brothers & sisters the VP of soda inserts has been FIRED!! Dr.Pepper,Diet Dr.P,and Diest Spriet have RETURNED to our beloved inserts. It was even published in the American Way,our award wining inflight magazine.Take a copy at the cocnclusion of your flight. We can all hold our heads up high and with pride say "yes sir,we do have Dr.Pepper but ya might want to try Diet it tastes just like the real thing but with no calories-:)
Now for my return flight working flt.1386 DFW-FLL things didn't go so well. A/C arr.fr.AUS cleaned,catered,boarded(totally full)then went OTS!! MTC took it OTS because that damn women in the c/p wouldnt stop saying "LANDING GEAR""BEEEP BEEEP""LANDING GEAR""BEEEP BEEP"(for those who are in the know it was ship N491 S83).Sure enough off went 128 customers but another STUPID 80 was found but not just ANY stupid 80,that's right it was a "fence hopper".Ship N4YS an "EF" BMD83.So catering was forwarned and so was the ramp tower and so was and so was.I will give LSG Sky Chefs and the corrd. who worked her tail off to ensure I had all that I was suppsoed to have.I mean the beer was HOT and no wine for f/c lightfare cycle 3 lunch/diner but hey she found the booze insert so I gave her the thumbs up and off we went. One a/c "pack" inop and us flying at 25,000ft. and just at one hour late we landed right into a typical so.fla rain burst,right at main gear touch down. What an end to another day at the office.
So,that's my report on day 1 from the line.
Peace yall-:)
SB
ps-from just what I heard...this "flu" has roots and is budding wings so just take that as an FYI-:)

SilverbirdFLL:

We call that woman in the C/P Bitchin Betty. She can be a pain in the tush at times, even on the ground while we are doing overhauls, we put tape over her mouth to shut her up, really we just pull out the circuit breaker and she goes away.

Sorry, Bears. From the customer service delay numbers, it looks like there were no major problems with staffing for agents or FSC's. Maybe next time...

Latest posts