141 Fleet Service

28yrsnojob

Senior
Jan 2, 2004
In reveiwing the contract it says all stations will be either mainline or mainline express. Does this mean that STL MEM DAY BTV AVP PNS ,AND A FEW MORE
WILL RETURN TO MAINLINE EXPRESS STATUS. If THAT is the case does that mean
this layed off employees will be getting called back to mainline express.

if the company says that then you can probably bet on the vampires of usair to have the furloughed employees start over at the starting pay as they want. i hope it is not the case but you never know with these vampires.

Check with your friendly IAM local for more info. In the past, they told the members in these stations to go pound salt. They told them flat out, that it was over for them to drop it. How nice for a Union to leave it's dues paying members out in the cold like this. The Mainline Express situation is a "Win-Win" deal for the IAM, you lose $7 an hour, and they keep you as a Dues Paying member.....At the same monthly rates...Wonderful HUH.....In some locals they were even nice enough to slap thier members in the face a second time by raising their dues after they lost $7 an hour. The IAM local has STILL FAILED to address the issue of Monthly Dues that are close to 4x the hourly rate of pay. It has been said that they should not exceed more than 2x the hourly rate per the bylaws of the IAM. Maybe now that the Mainline boys will be pulling down $15 an hour this issue will be addressed as it should be.

28yrsnojob said:
If THAT is the case does that mean
this layed off employees will be getting called back to mainline express.
[post="198455"][/post]​

I would think twice about ever returning to the airline business. Do you think that this business will ever turn around and be the kind of place to have a career? :unsure:

If you were screwed under an old agreement, you will NOT get unscrewed under a new one.

Amazingly, the proposed waqe for topped out employees in the out-stations is barely north of the amount ($12) than a member can request a lower dues amount.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

That is no mistake that they will still be over the $12 to qualify them for lower dues. At this point, dues are wasted money that would be better off putting food on the table. The Company has done whatever it wanted with the help of the Judge. Last time around, the IAM gave the store away on their own. The IAM could care less about the smaller out stations and their concerns. It will now be a different story when the Hubs and other big stations have a taste of their work with a $5-$6 an hour cut. It was OK for the Expressed and MDA people to live on $13, so they should be just fine with their pay of $2 more an hour. Heck at that wage they might not even qualify for assistance programs like the the Expressed do.....

Last time your fellow Fleet brothers and sister voted for it, not the IAM as an organization.

You had AGC, and Fleet members negotiate and your own rank and file approve it, stop blaming the organization and blame yourself and coworkers.

The "Fellow" Fleet brothers were in stations that were not going to be subject to what they voted for. The "Organization" took this load of crap to the Fleet Brothers to vote on. Get the picture now!! The IAM sold out the small stations to keep a $20 an hour rate for the rest. The Fleet Brothers in the small stations paid dues just like everyone else for this lack of representation, or lack of I should say. The rest of the system can now get a taste of what they Voted others into. The Organization should have NEVER brought this trash to a vote in the first place. Representitives of the IAM accepted the T/A, and endorsed a YES vote for it. :down:

No, once again you have failed to experience what happend. Not until you are subject to $13 bucks and hour along with an Increase in IAM dues will you understand. I know that you are sitting back in a large station without the Express Concerns of other Union Brothers. From what I have read, I gather you are Utility in CLT based on some of your past posts. Until they do away with your fuction and send you off to an Express job, you won't be able to feel the frustration with the IAM.
This is like paying for car insurance, and not being able to collect on a claim after your car is destroyed in an accident. Then the Insurance company raises your rates afterwards. This is basically what the IAM has let happen to some of it's membership. You can stand on your IAM Soapbox all that you want, but you won't be able to right what they have permitted to occur. Once 3/4 of the stations are Expressed, look for an Uprising with Outrage against the IAM. The Expressed are only a minority now, but will soon be the Majority of the workforce.

Your fellow IAM Fleet Brothers and Sisters voted for the agreement, blame your coworkers, not the organization.

And I have seen my pay drop and elimination of many jobs, the Utility Department use to be on 3 shifts at 33 stations, now it is down to 18 stations, 8 being 3 shifts and 10 being 3rd shift only, so don't tell me that there has not been cuts in other places.

And when your station was expressed, did they not offer you the chance to transfer to keep your mainline status?

Seems you need to read your local lodge bylaws and see how dues are calculated. Your dues can only be 2x your wage, but I have told you this before.

And what did you do to get involved and try to change the process?

The Local has been questioned about the dues, and to date no response. Since the Expressed are a minority, the subject is falling upon deaf ears. Yes the Expressed stations did have a chance to transfer to a Mainline station, but given what they have been cut to, it would have been in vein. The IAM did negotiate this deal, and they endorsed a YES vote to the Membership. So, why can't they be blaimed for it? Sure it was voted in by the membership, but not by those that would get Screwed by it. If they had any vision as to how much of the System was going to be Expressed, they could have fought for a decent wage for that group. As I have stated before, CO-EXP earns $16+ an hour as a NON-UNION Express carrier. They don't pay dues, and they make $3+ more an hour. Is there something wrong with this Picture??? The IAM used the Expressed group to be, as their scapegoats for the Mainline boys. Let's see how they all feel about $13 an hour when all of thier stations are Expressed too. We all know that the Company wants every station except PHL,CLT,PIT,LGA,DCA,BOS and FLL to become Mainline Express. Raise their dues after this, and see what revolt looks like. From where you sit, you can't comprehend much if any of this in Utility. Sure your group went from 33 to 18 stations, but Yours was not one of them.

Let me tell you something, I did not start my aviation career in the city I work in now. I have been bumped numerous times in my tenure here, and yes I transfered more then once to keep my employment.

I took a $10,000 a year hit per year since 2002 when I was was bumped out of a higher classification back to a lower one, when I chose not to move in order to keep the higher classification, moved too many times in aviation. I know all about sacrifices.

And yes I was affected by other cities closing, loss of days off and shift are all an inconvenience.

And the organization is not the five or more negotiating your contract, the organization is everyone. Blame your own classification for what are enduring now.

If you are getting no where on your dues issue, put it in writing to your ST and keep a paper trail, then go to your local lodge president, and if not satisfied contact Mr M Wipinsinger at the IAM headquarters.

13 replies no one has answered the question yet ,just alot of talk about who moved
and how much money they dont make.