16 thousand feet in a lawnchair!

----------------
On 4/17/2003 1:23:23 PM WXGuesser wrote:

I remember that story! I would just have loved to have the ATC transcript from that event...

Didn''t that guy win/get nominated for a Darwin Award?

TANSTAAFL

You gotta die doing something stupid to actually win the Darwin award. This guy survived. I believe he did get an honorable mention though.

----------------​

Flitejobs -- thanks for that link, very good stuff!!

Too bad only 76 views of this thread so far, more folks could''ve enjoyed a genuine chuckle.

I guess arguing over rumors etc is more entertaining to folks who cherish their status on an anonymous message board.

Thats a great story. In my previous life, I was flying a corporate aircraft to a "meeting", stopped in DCA and picked up Langhorn Bond and McCarter(both former FAA administrators. This topic came up in the back of the aircraft within earshot of me. Mr. Bond was telling the story and began to laugh. Before long, everyone on the aircraft was in tears from laughing so hard(me included). I think Mr. Bond's commit was that the guy knew what he wanted to do but didn't count on going that high. There must have been a few "Oh Shxts" along the way.

That must have been quite a site to the pilots! :lol:
Didnt the guy have a BB gun with him?

Are you shure whatkindoffreshell that aguy could float 16,00 feet above the ground in a lawnchair? :D I don't think so! Are you shure that that just wasn't a common made-up false story that some guy made up?