16 yo kid has just changed the game

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
A 16 y.o. kid has created a plug-in for browsers that, when you hover over the name of a member of congress mentioned on any webpage, popups to give you a list of donations made to that congressperson from lobbyists, corporations, etc.  Right now it has numbers for 2012 but he's working on getting it to 2014.   Yeah, it's a drop in the bucket compared to all of pac money and other shenanigans but if we could just get this kind of transparency started it could have a huge impact on our politics, and one that would be good for all.  Too cool.

Oh yeah.  The kid's motto?  "Some are red, some are blue, ALL are green"!  I love this kid!

Story:

http://www.vice.com/...

Get the plug-in:

http://allaregreen.us/

Is there a plug-in to get the same in reverse for unions? Can we see who the IAM, TWU, and ALPA donated to?...

Reactions: 1 person
The IAM and any other union cannot use dues money to donate to a political candidate or a party, you know this all too well.

And every union has to files with the DOL on their LM-2 to the penny on what money is spent on what, you know this and its the Landrum-Griffith Act, know as the LMRDA.

And its online and you can find it.

Why would you post that a union donates money when its illegal?

Dues money can be used for get out to vote campaigns or voted education, not one cent can be given to a candidate or a party.

That is why the IAM and other unions have PACs that the members can voluntarily donate too.

So are all the campaign donations being accessed by this kid's plug in. Why should I have to search thru the union's data?...

700UW said:
The IAM and any other union cannot use dues money to donate to a political candidate or a party, you know this all too well.

And every union has to files with the DOL on their LM-2 to the penny on what money is spent on what, you know this and its the Landrum-Griffith Act, know as the LMRDA.

And its online and you can find it.

Why would you post that a union donates money when its illegal?

Dues money can be used for get out to vote campaigns or voted education, not one cent can be given to a candidate or a party.

That is why the IAM and other unions have PACs that the members can voluntarily donate too.
ALL funds are fungible. This is a giant fallacy and is proven by of all things foreign aid.

We tax poor people here to give money to rich dictators over there for "Humanitarian" aid and then wring our hands wondeing how the guns and ammo of our enemies got bought and paid for. Hey, It all looked good on paper though. No evidence because no one looks under the rocks so long as the paperwork is clean.

Think old Tommy Buffenbarger hasn't figured this out, along with Trumka and the rest of the cronies? Need to hide more? Give the leaders a raise while the economy crumbles and some entry level union employees qualify for food stamps. So tell me then is that government subsidizing income or is it only when it's Wal-Mart?

I really wish unions would stop peeing on my sneakers and saying "Oh look it's raining" and get back to the business of actual representation of people who WORK for a living.

Reactions: 3 people
700UW said:

I like the word "Volunteer". Does that mean donate or we'll beat the ever loving tar out of you? That kind of "volunteer"?

See you forget my Dad was a Teamster and even though I was a little boy, I've been "down on the picket line" and I probably know the melody and lyrics of more organizing songs then you do? I saw the "Old Days" so spare me the legalities. I forget who ran off with the Teamsters Pension but I think Roy Williams was President then.

http://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/public/1978/eirv05n05-19780207/eirv05n05-19780207_039-labor_department_charges_teamste.pdf

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:
So are all the campaign donations being accessed by this kid's plug in. Why should I have to search thru the union's data?...
Why dont you ask the kid?

SparrowHawk said:

I like the word "Volunteer". Does that mean donate or we'll beat the ever loving tar out of you? That kind of "volunteer"?

See you forget my Dad was a Teamster and even though I was a little boy, I've been "down on the picket line" and I probably know the melody and lyrics of more organizing songs then you do? I saw the "Old Days" so spare me the legalities. I forget who ran off with the Teamsters Pension but I think Roy Williams was President then.

http://www.larouchepub.com/eiw/public/1978/eirv05n05-19780207/eirv05n05-19780207_039-labor_department_charges_teamste.pdf

You are certainly a piece of work.

Go show how the IAM and its PAC or any other union in this day and age that can force members to donate to a PAC.

Is that Crickets I hear?

Raise the dues for workers some who haven't had a pay increase in ten years so the Leadership can get another $50K each? Is that how "Hope and Change" works?

See I have an issue with a Union President who proclaims to be an advocate for workers while making 6 to 7 times or more then his rank and file. Not to mention they have largely been in the Democrats pocket now since FDR. IIRC, Union membership post war was in the 35% range and now hovers around 12% with a commensurate decline in real wages.

So tell me how the ACA which will cost you more in taxes on a stagnant income and potentially lower your health benefits represents "Hope and Change" for the average rank and file member to put more money in the governments hands to send to their Crony Capitalist friends in the insurance companies? How does that work in a workers favor, particularly a union worker. I'd argue they have had just about all the "Help" they can stand.

And what does anything you are posting have to do with a 16 year kid who made a plug-in to view political donations?

Or does the paul bots not have a talking point on that?

There are a few other topics that are covering what you are talking about.

700UW said:
You are certainly a piece of work.

Go show how the IAM and its PAC or any other union in this day and age that can force members to donate to a PAC.
How? Look down, the weapons are at the end of your arms. 

Look at all the arm twisting in MS during the Republican Primary and you need to ask how? 

Did you look up the definition to the word "Fungible"? Put another way, "Figures don't lie but liars figure." This goes on in every charity, union, non-profit in the nation. It's called creative accounting. If anyone is stupid enough to buy the BS that dues aren't used of political purpose or that coercion into donating money doesn't go on isn't paying attention.

The information already exists on a website. The "kid" has merely added more features. I'm totally in favor of his little invention as transparency (Not that we've seen an example of it from the Liar in Chief) leads to more Liberty, which is why petty tyrants like the Liar in Chief avoid it at all costs.

There is no need for talking points in the battle for liberty. There is but one question to ask. "Does this law or court ruling increase the individual Liberty of a Citizen of the Republic?" Yes and I'm in favor. NO and I'm against. When you have a set of principles and not polling data the answers become crystal clear.

Reactions: 3 people
No one where ever I worked did such actions, PAC Is voluntary and there would be serious ramifications if they were coerced of forced, and I have been in the IAM, UAW and BCTGM.

Lets keep throwing more things into a topic that it has nothing to do with, almost reminds me of WT and UBER DL.

Reactions: 1 person
Give me 15 minutes and I'll bet you I can produce at least 15 links to union violence against its own members.

I'm not wasting my time and what happened early 20th century I'm not interested in hearing.

The "kid" made a nice tool and it will be useful in exploding the myth that only Republicans are rich evil bastards. 

Once the money boy cockroaches of both parties get the flashlight of truth shone on them by this app there will be legislation brought forth to make it illegal.

Latest posts