( 2- part) RUMOR !!

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Today, I heard about a 2 part rumor, that was being circulated in/around DFW.
As far as I could tell, this involved title 3 (FSC)

Part 1;
That the company would re-instate concessions, if the majority would agree(vote) to only work in hubs, and very large stations. (ex. DFW ORD MIA, and at least JFK BOS LAX SJU, mabey SFO, and SJC.

Part 2;
That an early out would be thrown in for good measure !!

NOW YOU FOLKS CAN BELIEVE ME OR NOT, BUT THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME STARTING A RUMOR< ABOUT MY MOST FAVORITE SUBJECT -- EARLY OUT''s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, we''d have to have two WILLING participants.
A. AA
B. TWU (No problem There.

Having tasted concession blood (cabin service) AA wants, and needs MORE.
And we all know, how unfazed the TWU is about eating their young

This would pit Large stations against small stations, and would''nt have(IN THE BEGINNING) anything to do with seniority.
Just picking out the first thing I think of, GROUND EQUIPTMENT, think of how many pieces AA own''s, and has to maintain(in the out stations ??? STAGGERING !!!!!!

Adios A/F, except in the remaining big stations.

Given the direction the BOBSY TWINS(AA and TWU) are strolling in (arm in arm), this rumor, MAKES PERFECT SENSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it became a reality, it would equate to a layoff, which is coming BIG TIME in NOV.
AA assign''s EVERYTHING a $$ value, so if they could get the union to pull this off, than it''s possible for AA to make a ton of money, while giving back conncessions, to the smaller group that remains.

Hypothetically, AA would only have to do a re-allignment, and an early out ONE time only. To think that AA''s big money backers, are''nt suggesting a deal like this, would IMHO, be sticking our heads in the sand.

Look at the revenue that AA gets from the USPS. AA would still get paid, no matter who is sorting and bringing it up to the line. Nothing lost there !!!!!!!!!

This rumor(IF TRUE) makes SO MUCH FRIGGIN'' SENSE, that it''s frightening

Again, this is NOT something I dreamed up, but something I was told.

NH/BB''s
(with right hand planted FIRMLY on the GOOD BOOK) !!!!!!

We all remember places like ALB-SYR-ROC-BUF, right ??

Think it would be "impossible" to add BDL,PHL,IAD,RDU,CLT,MCO,TPA,MSY,CLE,IND,MCI, STL,IAH,AUS,ELP,OKC,DEN,PHX,TUS,CMH,DEN,SLC,SEA,SAN,LAS,MSP,DTW,PIT,HN
to the list ??????????????????????????

I know I've missed a few.

"Think LOOOOONG and HARD about it"

NH/BB's

FYI,
Large A/E stations are TWU on the ramp
Ex: ORD LAX JFK DFW BOS MIA,
as would be (hypothetically) a MCO.
My point, if the TWU went along with a deal like this, they would'nt be losing too many dues paying members(FSC's that is)
AND,
with AMFA soon to turn TWU "on it's head", look for(what's left of the TWU) to restructure in a unique way.

Time will tell.
NH/BB's

AA is far from finished with respect to its cost cutting phase. Right now, AA/TWU employee staffing at the Class II - IV is based on the number of flights at each station. Since most of these stations have mainly senior employees based, the bumping required would virtually affect the entire system.
I would hope the TWU says "no-way" to this move. However, if this were to come to be, AA will definitley throw in a "carrot" such as an "early out" option or some other little sweetner!

Let's hope that the early out provision is extended to all TWU members. That would get rid of our geriatric ward here.

Wretched Wrench said:
Let's hope that the early out provision is extended to all TWU members. That would get rid of our geriatric ward here.
Hey! Watch your mouth Boy! These kids weren't brought up to respect their elders!