2015 AMT Discussion

TRAVIS said:
Yes they did and did every thing to stop the AMT'S from going Union.
The FRIST Union vote failed by 8 votes this was after the company went to all the mechanics and related with information on why not to vote union and the boneheads bought into it.
Less than 30 days later most of the related and back shops and 400 AMT'S from the hanger were on the street 2 weeks before Christmas.
The company outsourced just about everything.
By the time we got the IBT voted in there was not much left.
The IBT went to work first trying to get jobs back and they did, They fought for every little thing that they could with nothing to bargain with, As in nothing left, it was all outsourced before they were put on as our union.
The IBT put in our contract :lf a job is done inhouse once it stays in house.
This alone brought back B-Checks and many other jobs and AMT'S.
So like I said 700UW LIES.
I was on that pony ride.
Have a blessed day my brothers.

i get the feeling parker docent like maintenance the way he is trying to get rid of oh and not interested in mro have a blessed day

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
US did jtd8s and tays in-house, we lost the arbitration on the CFM56s.
and your 767 engines? 757 engines? A330 engines?

700UW said:
What dawg doesn't grasp it took a CBA TO BE ABROGATED for them to outsource the back shops.
What you don't understand is US has been an outsourcing leader long before BK1 or BK2.

700UW said:
You are nothing more like WT spewing your misinformation.
What exactly have I said that is wrong? IAM has allowed the worst scope of a legacy.
Not only at US but also at United.

700UW said:
AA can farm out 35% of the WHOLE MAINTENANCE BUDGET, and they can go over that amount if they chose.
Speaking of bull ****, this is complete crap. Stop re-posting things that the line guys want to happen but isn't true.
Read the contract.  

Overspeed said:
700UW,
How do you come up with that AA can outsource more than 35% whenever they choose in the scope clause? It says that nowhere in the language. It also does not say 35% of the whole MX budget. It has specific langauge that defines what costs are included in the calculation (Direct labor, material, and outside services which is not the whole MX budget smart guy). Why do you have to resort to distortions to make your arguments. The fact is that there more total work outsourced and the IAM language you cite in the US/IAM CBA that you claim is superior in protecting jobs is flat out wrong. AA currently has over 13 AMTs per aircraft while US has less than 9 per aircraft. Using the US scope language that you claim is better, AA would have to layoff 2,800 AMTs (4 per aircraft) just to get to the IAM's killer scope language.

But I forgot, AMTs getting laid off is "trimming the fat," right?
exactly. 700 is just like WT, toss data at him all day but he just sits in the corner with his hands over his ears yelling "ITS NOT TRUE IAM IS THE BEST, ITS NOT TRUE IAM IS THE BEST"

Reactions: 8 people
700UW said:
You clearly stated we didn't get the Airbus and work which is not true at all.
No, I stated that they went from having 100% Airbus work (east) to then only having 50% billable hours total. If you look at the fleet now, how much work do you think they'd have if they never gave up on the 100% Airbus to get 50% total? Keep those IAM blinders on; my only point was to show that while yes, the teamsters were unable to bring that work back in house, the IAM was also unsuccessful in bringing it back in house.

Reactions: 2 people
blue collar said:
No, I stated that they went from having 100% Airbus work (east) to then only having 50% billable hours total. If you look at the fleet now, how much work do you think they'd have if they never gave up on the 100% Airbus to get 50% total? Keep those IAM blinders on; my only point was to show that while yes, the teamsters were unable to bring that work back in house, the IAM was also unsuccessful in bringing it back in house.
And just a note, that's only airframe work. 

Most of the components (including all the major components (gear/APU/Engines) are all shipped out.    

Reactions: 3 people
Like I said before the bankruptcies US only farmed out engine work.

It took the CBA to be abrogated for US to farm out work

When I get home I will look up percentages to show you are wrong.

Before the second chapter 11 we had all the back shops in CLT and PIT.

The landing gear and plating shops were in INT.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

blue collar said:
Wrong again.

Guess you forgot the company right after bankruptcy one filed a grievance against the union and farmed out 10 Airbus to ST MAE.

We filed a lawsuit and won, company won on appeal and the court remanded it to arbitration that we won.

They filed bankruptcy the second time and our CBA was abrogated and we had no heavy maintenance protection, company could farm out everything

In the transition agreement in 2008, they were successfull in getting 50% of HMV in-house.

Don't let the facts get in your way

topDawg said:
and your 767 engines? 757 engines? A330 engines?

What you don't understand is US has been an outsourcing leader long before BK1 or BK2.

What exactly have I said that is wrong? IAM has allowed the worst scope of a legacy.
Not only at US but also at United.

Speaking of bull ####, this is complete crap. Stop re-posting things that the line guys want to happen but isn't true.
Read the contract.  

exactly. 700 is just like WT, toss data at him all day but he just sits in the corner with his hands over his ears yelling "ITS NOT TRUE IAM IS THE BEST, ITS NOT TRUE IAM IS THE BEST"

Good to see someone else "get's it"...
:p

Reactions: 5 people
700UW said:
Like I said before the bankruptcies US only farmed out engine work.

It took the CBA to be abrogated for US to farm out work

When I get home I will look up percentages to show you are wrong.

Before the second chapter 11 we had all the back shops in CLT and PIT.

The landing gear and plating shops were in INT.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

US Air/Airways outsourcing pre BK1 
1995-30%
1996-30%
1997-29%
1998-30%
1999-30%
2000-30%
2001-30%

in the same time frame
DL never higher than 22%, lowest was 12%
AA never higher than 24% lowest was 16%
UA never higher than 18% lowest was 7%
NW never higher than 27% lowest was 18%

the only airline that was worse than US was CO, who had already been through 2x BKs. 

So again, WITHOUT BK your beloved IAM at US was an OUTSOURCING LEADER. 

unless of course you are going to tell me US was lying to the DOT and SEC. 

Reactions: 9 people
It would be nice to discuss current events on this AMT thread. Perhaps someone can start a thread about past airline events in Aircraft Maintenance. Most of us really don't care about what the IAM did in the past at other airlines.

Reactions: 4 people
Everyday the association does not have a proposal for us everyday we are losing more money on top of all the concessions!
Where is our company proposal?

what does the company think of us?   just let us see the proposal?  

stop wasting our time and get the proposal

Reactions: 3 people
Ever notice that we are always last or it seems that way to get a contract signed. After the other two unions get their deals we get the scraps. Then we get the scraps within the TWU. Even the passenger service agents got a T/A done. First time for AA agents. Totally unacceptable but we have no say and can't do a damn thing about it.

Reactions: 6 people
To 700 to weasel and to all ass fence sitters the twu and the iam have the worst contracts in airline history and the iam sellout to Boeing to build the 777x in Everett the iam froze the pension have no protections for the workers health plans. Look it up don't listen to 700 it was not a bk contract. . But we all know what the twu has done at aa. The lowest payed mechanics they promise jobs for wages and benefits. And even getting that aa lays off any way so scope means nothing if the twu is not going to in force it.witch they have not.you can not put scope on the table are pay bills with scope. The iam has the lowest payed mechanics at us air also . We pay the ass dues every payday so to the ass you better get better then delta plus 7 that's what your supposed to do is negotiat the best money and benefits. Parker promised now delta plus 3 and that's what the agents got so to me the ibt did not do there job they just got what Parker promised the second deal. I also want a profit sharing like delta are southwest ass do what your payed to do represent your dues paying members and not the company so to the fence sitters please look at what the twu and iam have done and vote for a contract that works for the members and not the company do not beleave in the ass lies and when 700 gives you numbers research them and see what the truth is. Remembe delta a non Union airline for ground workers gets more pay and benefits then us they still get double time the twu got rid of our double time plus twu got rid of 5 of our holidays and the double and a half don't take my word for it research it and I know that being non Union delta can lower pay .but the unions give into pay cuts .with the twu . Twu amts have lost more then delta has .

Reactions: 5 people

Latest posts