2016 4th Q and Full year numbers

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Here is a reminder of 2015 final numbers. I hope we can beat 15's, but not quite sure if we will. We shall find out tomorrow. Hopefully all airlines will continue the trend of record profits and the transportation sector keeps the dow growing above the 20k we hit today. Here we are 5 days into "Trumps World" and the dow breaks 20K, now nicknamed the "Trump Effect"

Here's 2015's numbers:

Southwest Airlines Reports Record Fourth Quarter And Annual Profit; 43rd Consecutive Year Of ...

More record numbers for 4Q16 and full year numbers. Congrats to all employees for another outstanding year. Now there is no excuses for not getting a contract this year for the mechanics during these numerous record profits. It also just shows that there is no reasoning behind the company wanting the must have concessions. There is no evidence that our contract concessions ask of must have's by the co. is required for the co's future success, none what-so-ever-period...

Southwest Airlines reports record $2.24 billion profit in 2016

When I retired from WN, I held onto my stock. After yesterday's announcement and a 9%, planning on selling some and having a little fun!

And how many splits have you experienced? I miss those a little. Could it be possible that we hit 60? What a ride man...

Anyone heard what the PS % is? There's rumors of 16% on the floor. Not sure what last years was but it seems it was in the same ball park. I guess we will find out at the time the message to the field is going on.

I know that the price of the stock is not Fiscal numbers but the market cap of WN is now $35.25B. With news of Warren Buffet and his new interest in the Airlines, we are nearly at the what experts are calling for $62.07 Closed today at 57.29, it's up .30 cents in after hours.

Well, since we made a HUGE record profit in Q1 of 2016, Wall Street takes this Q's results as very bad when in actuality it's still very good. Yea we were lower than last years numbers but we still made a $351 Mil Q1. Before the AT buy out I remember Q1 and Q4 incomes being around 95 million to 105 million. So the reported 351 mil is still very good for us, and heck, it even beat AA's Q1 of $305. If the investors really think we were going to maintain and improve over the 16 Q1 is just crazy. That Q was the results of AT purchase was complete and we were reaping the full rewards of that. The W/A at home airport Love Field was just completely gone a few months prior. A huge expansion at Love Field was in the works as well. All these reasons and even more are why we had such a huge record profits for the Q1 of 16. I still say that the $351 for the 1st Q of 17 is very, very good. With all that said, will we report the same comparo to the two Q2's for 17? More than likely yes. It probably will not beat 16's but will still be much larger (and positive) than what we have always experienced prior to the AT purchase, W/A going away, Love Field expansion, west coast expansion, added Cuba flights. I don't care what WS thinks about our Q1 results. In my eyes it is still very good for SWA and it's employees---period.

I know were in 2017 now but I did not want to start another thread. Good numbers still coming in for the month of May. .4% lower load factor but that's nothin as load factor is still 85%.

PR Newswire • ‎Wed‎ ‎05‎:‎30‎ ‎AM
Southwest Airlines Reports May Traffic

With our June year over year added passengers up anywhere from 4.2% to 5.1% and even though the load factor remained the same with us moving 10's of millions of passengers in June that's over approx 500,000 added passengers for 2017 June, revenue passengers at that. If we made $1.00 profit off each of added passengers (which I do understand we may have lost or broke even) we should have higher numbers than last years June 2Q numbers, at least at first view it appears this way. Hoping for another record quarter.

Southwest Flew More Passengers In June