28 m-80s 14 767s

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Temporary grounding of 28 m80 and 767s thru 2005. Wonder what kind of cuts to come. Geez!

What does leave about 15 767-200s in the 'active' fleet?

Sounds like there's going to be some cutbacks in transcons or perhaps we'll see two-class 763s pick up some of the flying?

The TWA 767's were -300's and all 9 are going back to the leasor by the end of the month.

The 14-767-200's will come from the AA side and most likly will now be replaced by the 9 -767-300 and thw 2-777's that AA could not defer.

That leaves the 28 MD80's. While I have no proof I would suspect that they will come from the LLC side. How many LLC MD80's do not have the aft galley configuration?

With so much of the big international flying no 777, there are many more 763's around to take up the slack. Just think to LHR, with no 763's going there but 16 777 daily that a lot of transcons that could be flown. I hope AA doesn't follow DAL into pulling back so much of its transoceanic flying.

I'm purely guessing, but that 28 MD80 number could be fulfilled by what if I recall correctly are 28 x-TWA craft...24 MD83 and 4 Chinese made MD82s.

With the TW 767s gone by 11/01, there really is no need for the new 763s. I predict some new domestic runs, as well as some new Summer only Euro destinations.

If I were AA I'd look at which aircraft cost me the most money; ie, which ones are due for major overhauls in the near future, not at which ones have TW tail numbers.

MK

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/16/2002 1:53:53 PM FA Mikey wrote:

That as already been figured in. Depeaking gave us utilization of like 17 additional planes. Getting 11 more early next year. They will be back on line as the F100 say goodnight.
----------------
[/blockquote]

In August a major schedule reduction was announced, but no real fleet reduction, except the retirement of the F100's starting at the end of next year. That means the existing fleet must be underutilized.

I see this as paring the fleet to match the schedule, and predict no large pilot /FA layoffs as a result.

On that note, the final numbers came out today. 420 TWA FA's to hit the street on Nov. 1, joining 833 already there, plus 162 AAers joining 733 post-acquisition FA's for a total of 2148 FA's on the street.

MK

The MD-80s going into storage are all LLC. The 762's are AA. There will be an acceleration of the remaining LLC MD-80s crossing the fence to the AA certificate.

Yes. In the meeting today in STL Jane Allen said they were trying to move the resumption of training to Feb. Scuttlebutt suggests they may train more FA's than necessary to fly converted MD80's in order to return HNL, OGG and LGW to STL, where it is both geographically and economically more sensible to staff them.

MK

Status
Not open for further replies.