3rd Quarter results say it all: CARTY HAS TO GO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighGuy

Oct 14, 2002
[P]How much more money will AA lose under Carty''s lack of leadership? He blames Iraq, the economy and everything else except his lousy business plan. Why won''t he admit that he was wrong?[/P]
[P]Carty needs to go. End of story. [/P]

So tell us Karnac, What is the winning business plan? Easy to second guess on the side line and the day after.

So what is your day job? CEO of a major airline? Can you speak from experience?

Truth is we are in bad shape yes. But because DC had money saved. Astrong balance sheet and place to turn for more. We are the ones who are able to weather this down turn.

Poor management see Continental, who barly survived the short time after 9/11 due to there lack of credit to draw on. See USAIRWAYS who have had a string of bad management and poor planning. Try UAL whos has a revolving door on the CEOs office door.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/16/2002 8:28:41 PM FA Mikey wrote:

So tell us Karnac, What is the winning business plan? Easy to second guess on the side line and the day after.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Mikey, on this issue I agree with you 100%

MK

[P][FONT face=Comic Sans MS size=5][STRONG]Why do I have the feeling that Mr. Mile High is the old Gladiator Maximus/Dragonslayer making a return visit to us?[/STRONG][/FONT][/P]
[P][STRONG][FONT face=Comic Sans MS size=5]It's so easy to recognize him.[/FONT][/STRONG][/P]

What do Enron AMR And Bush all have in common
Is it just me,or does it seem that a lot of mismanaged
things come from Texas..They were all at the same Ball last year..Gee I wonder if there could be a connection!!!!
HMMMMMMM

This is bigger than Enron, Bush, or Texas. This has to do with a world-wide crises aka terrorism. It has to be met head-on. Nobel prize winning Carter seemed to have a clue on this matter when he reigned in Isreal and Palestine, untill the world revisits these participants and solves this issue, the flying public will not fly.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/10/2002 2:21:15 PM MileHighGuy wrote:

I think it's time to revisit this subject.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Why? He's no more incompetent now than he was when the thread started.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/16/2002 8:28:41 PM FA Mikey wrote:

So what is your day job? CEO of a major airline? Can you speak from experience?

Truth is we are in bad shape yes. But because DC had money saved. Astrong balance sheet and place to turn for more. We are the ones who are able to weather this down turn.

Poor management see Continental, who barly survived the short time after 9/11 due to there lack of credit to draw on. See USAIRWAYS who have had a string of bad management and poor planning. Try UAL whos has a revolving door on the CEOs office door.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Mike,

I have read your posts and most of the time you are just worried about your own skin and seniority. In this case I agree with you and applaud your post. Who are these people that think it is easy to schedule 3000 flights, aircrews, etc etc a day and think management is the complete problem. It is an olympic task---and many management folks make less than a mechanic but care much more about the future of their company than the union folks. I know---I worked at TWA. The employees of the majors can be part of the solution or end up in the unemployment line. It is tough out here!

Whether Carty should go, or will go, is a moot point.
Here's why.

(I hate to keep tootin' my own horn on this(tongue in cheek), but I was the ONLY one on here, or PB/BB, that predicted that the next #1 will be Gerard Arpey.
Everybody else was speculating it was Dan Garton !!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, once Arpey was announced as #2, it will be just a matter of time before DC straps on the parachute.

Crandall hired Arpey(at 23) and has been grooming him for the last 20 years. VIOLA, G.A. is just one click away.
For what it's worth, thats why Crandall did'nt come out of retirement. He's got Arpey as his eyes and ears !!!!
NH/BB's

Mr Marky,
While I choose(for now) not to point the finger of suspicion, I honestly believe that our ol' friends(both on us aviation, and PB/BB), Maximus the Gladiator, Mick the Quick, Compton Sucks, and(drum roll please) DOGFART, are all one in the same. I'm sure you've noticed that none of them inhabit the boards today.
BUT WAIT A MIN.,
Mabey one of our regulars, who's on here(AA) frequently, IS them. In fact I'd be willing to wager a weeks pay, that my hunch, is correct.
(call it Instinct) !!!!!!

NH/BB's

Status
Not open for further replies.