757 and A330 seat reconfig?

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
On flyertalk.com, someone posted that an F/A told them 2 things:

1.) 757's will get more F rows
2.) A330's will lose row 6 and 7 of Envoy in favor of more coach.

Any truth to this?

And, if the front galley was removed, would there be room for 2 rows of Envoy up front in lieu of the one row of sleepers (which are sold as J class anyway since there is no F product anymore)? Seems that if they want to convert rows 6 and 7 to coach, then creating an additional row up front, along with a conversion of row 1, would be a decent compromise.

i always thought that the economy class on the A330 should begin at row 6. as for the 757 12 seats is ok in first . your pushing it with 16 but that's ok too.

My personal feeling is the 757 and the A321 should have 16 seats. The remaining narrow body fleet should be 12. But no one ever asked me. :D

My personal feeling is the 757 and the A321 should have 16 seats. The remaining narrow body fleet should be 12. But no one ever asked me. :D
Don't sell yourself short......if you work the line your opinion is more credible than the Bozos that made the cabin configurations in the first place. East 757s are generally shunned by frequent flyers if there is a choice and alot of crewmembers avoid the a/c due to trips/routings & cattlecar status.......isn't what it USED to be.

While I do agree that we need take care of business with a cautious eye we still need some change. Were not talking merger stuff here either. I know we needed to rightsize and all but competition is STILL all around us. Should re react later rather than sooner? That was the method used by the tarts that were pushing this company off the cliff. Some of the decisions even up til the very end could easily be changed now. Redeployment of certain a/c to various routes can be done and hopefully will soon. The old mgmt had that kind of mentality. The company cetainly does have a lot on the burners but we can't sit by while others better their products over ours.

WHAAAAAAT? Get rid of row 6 and 7 on the A330? You mean we won't have the crew lounge on light load flights? LOL.... I wonder when that would happen? I keep hearing of "Priorities". We shall see....

i always thought that the economy class on the A330 should begin at row 6. as for the 757 12 seats is ok in first . your pushing it with 16 but that's ok too.
There is no need to keep the SIX (former f/c seats) on the A330- if We do not market a F/C Int'l product why offer these seats to anyone (there is no source of revenue)...convert the cabin to cabin to Envoy/Business and eliminate rows6&7, making room for more Economy seats...and be DONE with it!

Northwest's 330 has 34 and 264 for a total of 298 seats on board. Makes it sound like a sardine can compared to a US 330. But I bet it makes more revenue.

Would like to see 24 F on the 757 and have the entire front section from door 1 to door 2 F/C like on UA's 757's. Also, with so many more Elite flyers on the airplanes, the upgrade game continues....

Would like to see 24 F on the 757 and have the entire front section from door 1 to door 2 F/C like on UA's 757's. Also, with so many more Elite flyers on the airplanes, the upgrade game continues....
Unfortunately you will not see US return to 24f/c seats on the 757....hopefully they will increase seating to 14 (like the West) or maybe 16 (anything more based on where the a/c is flown currently is NOT necessary). Back in the day when the cabin had the LARGE cabin upfront and the service (done by capable working crews) it was a an experience to be seated up there....as the fluff was eliminated and the cabin reduced, so did the service. This a/c has become a slave ship I tend to avoid.

Those days are on their way out. If UA still offers that level of seating, i'm sure they will be rethinking it prior to emerging from bankruptcy. It just seems that for now, those days are numbered, however eventually things may go full circle..who knows.

There is no need to keep the SIX (former f/c seats) on the A330- if We do not market a F/C Int'l product why offer these seats to anyone (there is no source of revenue)...convert the cabin to cabin to Envoy/Business and eliminate rows6&7, making room for more Economy seats...and be DONE with it!
Seems like a lot of trouble to eliminate those former f/c seats. They're not all that great (and weren't even when there really was a first class). Same width as the others, the cabin gets narrower up front, and though there's more pitch, it's not enough to get another row in without moving everything around. No fresh air up there either. Some people actually avoid them. At this point it must make a few people happy, and not cost much more than the regular Envoy seats.