757 Year Round Phl-snn-dub-phl

snnus

Oct 20, 2005
Ireland
Visit site
There is alot of speculation regarding a year round service to Ireland next year, due to a very
profitable season for SNN and DUB. We believe SNN will have a 757 (From AWA fleet etops)
and Dub will have the 767 in the summer and will share the 757 in the winter ie a wrap
service PHL-DUB-SNN-PHL.
Anybody else heard about this? the 757 is a definate for SNN and GLA for next season..

Attachments

• usclose.jpg
    usclose.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 243
From talking with a few of the agents in SNN a few weeks ago I understood the same as mentioned above. It is to my understanding that the Irish Govt. has changed their requirements for a carrier to serve both airports or none at all. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that is what they said. Regardless, the business is certainly there. We could do either city or only one. From a F/A service point, I don't know how the hot meals would be done if it were on HP a/c. US 757's don't have ovens. If the carts in the back galley were filled with Genie trays (the thermal trays) where would all the arrival service stuff go? Up front maybe? Though a relatively short flight to SNN, we still do the arrival service. You go through alot more stuff than you do on domestic flights of relatively the same distance. Just a thought. CO's 757's have a galley by their bathroom at the 2L door. I hope we do this.

Well they better get established as the likes of DL and CO are adding flights
year round into Ireland.. Why ignore obvious Revenue?. I think HP 757's have Ovens
if not they can easily be added to the galley.

Attachments

• us_air_bummer.jpg
    us_air_bummer.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 261
hard to top the previous pic and accompanying remark...
nevertheless, i do have one fear with the new management team (there was a conversation surrounding this issue on a.net earlier in the week): underneath our new management team and strategic vision are sensibilities heavily steeped in a purely domestic marketplace reality (domestic and "local" international, not transoceanic). i wonder if transoceanic expansion is a priority? for the time-being it is relatively immune to the low-fare pricing models plaguing the domestic front. see delta. i would think transoceanic expansion should be more of a priority than hawaii?!? many armchair ceos are predicting significant potential profit loss, if demise should attention not be focused on transoceanic expansion. i am eager to hear thoughts and ideas regarding this issue--probably could support its own topic, actually...sorry!
also, should there be expansion, can we expect the premium services to suffer? again, basing this possible conclusion on a similiarly oriented management perception of the low-cost/fare marketplace.
i don't know! just fishing for some thoughts and ideas...
ps-i am fully aware of our current fleet limitations. that is a decisive component to this question.

hard to top the previous pic and accompanying remark...
nevertheless, i do have one fear with the new management team (there was a conversation surrounding this issue on a.net earlier in the week): underneath our new management team and strategic vision are sensibilities heavily steeped in a purely domestic marketplace reality (domestic and "local" international, not transoceanic). i wonder if transoceanic expansion is a priority? for the time-being it is relatively immune to the low-fare pricing models plaguing the domestic front. see delta. i would think transoceanic expansion should be more of a priority than hawaii?!? many armchair ceos are predicting significant potential profit loss, if demise should attention not be focused on transoceanic expansion. i am eager to hear thoughts and ideas regarding this issue--probably could support its own topic, actually...sorry!
also, should there be expansion, can we expect the premium services to suffer? again, basing this possible conclusion on a similiarly oriented management perception of the low-cost/fare marketplace.
i don't know! just fishing for some thoughts and ideas...
ps-i am fully aware of our current fleet limitations. that is a decisive component to this question.

The plans for at least 3 flights from PHX to hawaii is excessive to say the least.. I think
continental and deltas approach to major expansion in europe is the way to go.. Continental
who opened Edinburgh this year were criticised that it would not be succesful as its close
to Glasgow, when infact they are adding another flight next year due to the success of the
route this year. U.S Airways can beat Delta in any european market and compete with
the likes of Continental. Maybe U.S airways should think about leasing a few extra 767-200
as many are being retired from other airlines i.e AA and Qantas, and also introduce the 757 to
new markets. At the moment i predict 2 new euoropean destinations for next year, possibly
Lisbon, Stockholm or Vienna.. it needs to be more, but how much can PHL handle, how about
BOS, JFK, CLT, BWI for international routes?

BTW, why does it have to be a 757? Could the 321 not be used in this type of flying? It is much more comfortable and already has ovens.

What about those coroprate A320s? And PrivatAir, they fly A320s from Europe.. do they have extra fuel tanks or something?

EVERY other network carrier is focusing on international expansion rather than domestic right now. US is dismally low on widebodies, but what are the plans for international? We were discussing this in a thread a couple of weeks ago. Nothing has really been said about transatlantic except that they will change the name of the well-known and award-winning Envoy Class brand to drab, generic "business class".

I would rather see them put each of the not-so-hot 757s on new transatlantic routes just to get into markets before the 330/350 deliveries, than chase low-yielding traffic to Hawaii.