777 for 7.7MM

jcw

Veteran
Aug 12, 2004
DL signed an MOU for a 777 for only 7.7MM showing the dramatic drop in used wide body pricing

Reactions: 1 person
Richard Anderson made an offhand comment about it during yesterday's investor conference. No link other than that, and I'm not sure of any specifics (where the plane is coming from, etc.)...

Talk is its a plane bought for parts, and it needs major work if it was to become airworthy.

It might even be parked in the desert already, remember DL bought two ex SQ Freighter 744s for parts that were stored in the desert.

700UW said:
Talk is its a plane bought for parts, and it needs major work if it was to become airworthy.

It might even be parked in the desert already, remember DL bought two ex SQ Freighter 744s for parts that were stored in the desert.
Link?

Didn't think so.

townpete said:
Link?

Didn't think so.
don't think so what? 

they did sign an LOI for a Trent powered 777. Sounds like it will be for parts but they are kicking the tires on a few for flying. 
and they have bought a few 744Fs (SQ and KE) PW4000 birds also. 

topDawg said:
don't think so what? 

they did sign an LOI for a Trent powered 777. Sounds like it will be for parts but they are kicking the tires on a few for flying. 
That is the info we have been told. 11 from Singapore but thus one is for parts and spares. The 744 were for engines if that makes sense.

You
townpete said:
Link?
Didn't think so.

topDawg said:
don't think so what? 

metopower said:
That is the info we have been told. 11 from Singapore but thus one is for parts and spares. The 744 were for engines if that makes sense.
How's that crow taste petey?

Seems the DL mechanic and pilot back up what I posted.

metopower said:
It does, and thanks for the info. Do either of you know if this stuff is anywhere on DLNet?

metopower said:
As far as I know. No. This is just from my sources.
You have heard the same I have heard. 11 or so 777-200ER (Trent 800 powered) and maybe a few more for parts.