A-320 flies with "real" winglets

I have a feeling US will jump all over them. These appear to be designed for cruise and not climb, which makes them perfect for our operation and how we use the A320 series.

There's a small chance that enhanced winglets will show up on new airframes added to the fleet. Emphasis upon small.

Retrofit to existing airframes? NO chance, unless Airbus pays us to allow the modifications.

There's a small chance that enhanced winglets will show up on new airframes added to the fleet. Emphasis upon small.

Retrofit to existing airframes? NO chance, unless Airbus pays us to allow the modifications.
If it allow them to use the 321 on transcons in the winter, it may well be worth the cost. Unfortunately, it will also require strengthening the wing before the winglet can be installed.

If it allow them to use the 321 on transcons in the winter, it may well be worth the cost. Unfortunately, it will also require strengthening the wing before the winglet can be installed.
I also read an article that said after testing they found that the wing couldn't take the load. This original article is from February so I wonder what has changed.