A-350 Timeline

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
Just wondering what the lastest estimate for first A-350 delivery is....I noticed in the
Seattle Times today that the Boeing 787 is now going to be late 09 or early 10. They have already flown one of those, right?

Nope, hasn't flown yet.

Word is that Boeing rolled out an empty shell that was basically taped together for the big rollout ceremony last July (7/8/07).

It hasn't even had "power on" yet.
That is Boeing's mess, they have soooooo many parts outsourced that they are getting further and further behind. Bad mistake for Boeing to rely on the heavy amounts of outsourced materials. I place has a problem will create a domino effect.

That is Boeing's mess, they have soooooo many parts outsourced that they are getting further and further behind. Bad mistake for Boeing to rely on the heavy amounts of outsourced materials. I place has a problem will create a domino effect.

Gee, it's worked SO WELL for airlines, wonder what went wrong? :rolleyes:

Yet, amazingly the 777 flew. It's heavily outsourced and yet there are hundreds of examples flying around today. Bad mistake by Boeing, I'd say.

A great deal of the work that Boeing has always done is integration. Boeing has not built, say, the actual hydraulic lines for a plane in years. They call up someone like Eaton Aerospace to do it. They collaborate, and Boeing has to manage that process with it's supplier. That supplier may or may not be an american company. Or, in a company like Eaton's case, an American company with operations all over the world that will supply parts to Boeing for the 787. Is that "outsourced?"

Eaton was the first example that google returned of an American company with both US and overseas parts sourcing for the Boeing 787. I'm sure there are others. Is that "outsourcing?"

"Outsourcing" has very little to do with the 787's problems.

And isn't this aircraft dubbed "The DREAMLINER"? <lol> more like an F'n NIGHTMARE. The arrogance of Boeing ( and alot of other Companies out there) is amazing! When will they learn that THE MORE YOU OUTSOURCE THE LESS CONTROL YOU HAVE.

Prediction: LCC will never take delivery of the 350. After the next merger, the 350 delivery positions will be sold or renegotiated. Remember, UA does not have big ABs. The 350 is only a backup plan in case LCC does not merge again - an unlikely senario.

Prediction: LCC will never take delivery of the 350. After the next merger, the 350 delivery positions will be sold or renegotiated. Remember, UA does not have big ABs. The 350 is only a backup plan in case LCC does not merge again - an unlikely senario.
That"s a no brainer.