A.a. Throughs A Week Long Party!

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
:angry: I heard our supervisor talking about the so called Corperate meeting in Dallas this week! It seems 3,500 Mamagement/Union officals/ venders, etc., will be attending (manditory!) this meeting at some big hotel! Flying them in from all over the system! Food, open bars, and rooms! All paid by a.a.! Just to let above people know how much money we're losing !!!! This debockal is to run all week long!!!!! GO FIGURE!!! These people don't have a clue!!!! :down: Signed: "Just another one of a.a.'s redheaded step children!!!"

1. Learn to spell

2. Its 3 days

3. They give the same presestation over and over. My manager went 1 day, said it was some good, but sobering information. Said nothing exciting was going on.

4. AA does this every year, its not new.

Oneflyer said:
1. Learn to spell

2. Its 3 days

3. They give the same presestation over and over. My manager went 1 day, said it was some good, but sobering information. Said nothing exciting was going on.

[post="188544"][/post]​
<_< 1.I think I got my message accross!!!!!!!

I heard they were informed of a need for $1 Billion in cuts before the end of the year.

I love how some you guys have no problem just making stuff up and posting like its the truth.

Oneflyer said:
1. Learn to spell

2. Its 3 days

[post="188544"][/post]​
<_< 4. Think maybe this year, they could have given their "Corperate Hugs" by "E" mail ? Would have saved a few bucks!! How about handing out "Bistro Bags at the door???(Joke people!) And an open bar every 50 feet! I thought this was a Business meeting!!!(Not a Joke people!)! Not to mention the positive space seats on flights to, and from Dallas! Or the cost of rooms for all these people! They've had too much money, for too long a period of time! "Saving" is not part of their Corperate Culture!!!

"Saving" is not part of their Corperate Culture!!!

You're right, to a degree. Upper management and the various finance groups understand quite well the need to save. The management that really still doesn't understand the need to save or the dire straights of the company is field management.

Most field/operational managers take the attitude that, saving and cutting back is great, but make the other guy do it not me.(There are many exceptions to this generalization.)

In my group, I need VP level authorization to take a DAY trip out into the field, staying in overnight is not allowed unless the flight schedule is such that you can't make it out and back in one day.

Realize that these meeting were scheduled and planed months ago when AA thought that we would be making money in 3rd quarter. They're trying to involve more people so that front line employees can better understand what is going on. Its doubtfull AA could just cancel the meeting.

As for the open bar, its very possible it was sponsored by someone. I remember going to the Eagle Managers conference a couple of years ago and the whole thing was paid for by Bombardier.

Not exactly the wild party you're making it out to be............

GENERAL INFORMATION
The 2004 Fall Leaders Conference will be held October 4-7 at the Fairmont Hotel in Dallas, Texas. The conference format, agenda and times are the same for each of the three sessions:

Session 1 Starts Monday, Oct. 4, at 1:45 p.m.; Ends Tuesday, Oct. 5, at noon.
Session 2 Starts Tuesday, Oct. 5, at 1:45 p.m.; Ends Wednesday, Oct 6, at noon.
Session 3 Starts Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 1:45 p.m.; Ends Thursday, Oct 7, at noon.

AGENDA
Oct 4-7, 2004
Fairmont Hotel, Dallas, Texas

Day 1
10 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Registration *

1:45 - 2:45 p.m. - Main Tent

2:45 - 4:15 p.m.

Breakout - MARKETPLACE
Breakout - WORKPLACE
Breakout - SERVICE
Breakout - FINANCE & GOVERNANCE

4:15 - 6 p.m.

Breakout - MARKETPLACE
Breakout - WORKPLACE
Breakout - SERVICE

6 - 6:45 p.m. - Reception*

6:45 p.m. - Dinner

Day 2
7 - 8 a.m. - Breakfast*

8 - 9:40 a.m.

Breakout - MARKETPLACE
Breakout - WORKPLACE
Breakout - SERVICE

9:40 - 11:00 a.m.

Breakout - MARKETPLACE
Breakout - WORKPLACE
Breakout - SERVICE

11:10 - Noon Wrap Up/Q&A

Noon Departures

MCI transplant said:
<_< 4. Think maybe this year, they could have given their "Corperate Hugs" by "E" mail ? Would have saved a few bucks!! How about handing out "Bistro Bags at the door???(Joke people!) And an open bar every 50 feet! I thought this was a Business meeting!!!(Not a Joke people!)! Not to mention the positive space seats on flights to, and from Dallas! Or the cost of rooms for all these people! They've had too much money, for too long a period of time! "Saving" is not part of their Corperate Culture!!!
[post="188578"][/post]​
First of all. I am willing to discuss the merits of having these meetings bit you have to be willing to listen. Half of what you've said is not accurate.

1) Every person only spends two half days during the conference (8 hours net). It repeats 4 times because you can not fit every participant at once so we are divided in four groups.

2) The purpose of these meeting is not to give hugs or party.... they are intended to communicate what is going on with he company. We have it every year, and there was a debate to cancel it. Unfortunately this was planned in March when oil was a 25 not at 50 and most of the expenses had been paid off already. Most likely next year it won't happen or it will be a significantly reduced version of it But considering the importance of it and the few savings the decision was to go ahead and have it.

3) For a organization of this size you need some vehicle for communication. Arpey is flying all around the system to meet with employees and explain what is going on. This is just another effort to fulfill that purpose

4) Some of the expenses were been paid by companies like American Express in exchange for Advertising.

5) We were shown the projections for the rest of 04 and 05 with fuel at all time highs it is scary, we will continue to simplify our operation (Chicago test) and we will continue to reduce the cost of parts we buy. We will have almost no growth in 2005. But no specific cuts were discussed of any magnitude were discussed.

6) The bar thing I admit was unnecessary. But it was at the end and not plentiful, the way you described it. I got to drink a glass of wine because I was early but it ran out quickly. Also keep in mind that most people live in Dallas so the amount of food, hotels and transportation is just for outsiders. Just to give an example of how tight things were, instead of providing parking close to the conference site for the locals, parking was provided like 10 minutes away and we had to take a bus because the on-site parking was expensive.

Well this is my story, unfortunately these days the company can't do anything w/o being criticised. If we meet we waste money, if we don't, we are not keeping the employees engaged. If we advertise we are wasting money.. but if we don't why aren't we doing anything to bring passengers back.... this is a loose-loose situation....

air_guy said:
First of all. I am willing to discuss the merits of having these meetings bit you have to be willing to listen. Half of what you've said is not accurate.

1) Every person only spends two half days during the conference (8 hours net). It repeats 4 times because you can not fit every participant at once so we are divided in four groups.

2) The purpose of these meeting is not to give hugs or party.... they are intended to communicate what is going on with he company. We have it every year, and there was a debate to cancel it. Unfortunately this was planned in March when oil was a 25 not at 50 and most of the expenses had been paid off already. Most likely next year it won't happen or it will be a significantly reduced version of it But considering the importance of it and the few savings the decision was to go ahead and have it.

3) For a organization of this size you need some vehicle for communication. Arpey is flying all around the system to meet with employees and explain what is going on. This is just another effort to fulfill that purpose

4) Some of the expenses were been paid by companies like American Express in exchange for Advertising.

5) We were shown the projections for the rest of 04 and 05 with fuel at all time highs it is scary, we will continue to simplify our operation (Chicago test) and we will continue to reduce the cost of parts we buy. We will have almost no growth in 2005. But no specific cuts were discussed of any magnitude were discussed.

6) The bar thing I admit was unnecessary. But it was at the end and not plentiful, the way you described it. I got to drink a glass of wine because I was early but it ran out quickly. Also keep in mind that most people live in Dallas so the amount of food, hotels and transportation is just for outsiders. Just to give an example of how tight things were, instead of providing parking close to the conference site for the locals, parking was provided like 10 minutes away and we had to take a bus because the on-site parking was expensive.

Well this is my story, unfortunately these days the company can't do anything w/o being criticised. If we meet we waste money, if we don't, we are not keeping the employees engaged. If we advertise we are wasting money.. but if we don't why aren't we doing anything to bring passengers back.... this is a loose-loose situation....
[post="188595"][/post]​
;) Airguy----From where I set, I may not have all the answeers! And I'm the first to say that at times I do jump to conclusions, maybe without all the info I should have! But it seems to me in a year that has seen unpresadented concessions on the part of a.a.'s employees, the company should be more sensative to the fact that now, more than ever we all should look for ways to save what has been given them! And if that means you pay for your oun wine! So be it! And Sir I do applogize! I'm not picking on you personally, just trying to make a point!

MCI transplant seems very comfortable in his self-assigned role as "just another red-headed stepchild."

Leave him be.

mjk said:
MCI transplant seems very comfortable in his self-assigned role as "just another red-headed stepchild."

Leave him be.
[post="188621"][/post]​

Right! B)

air_guy said:

[post="188595"][/post]​

I am willing to listen. Why with the commitment from management for open communications with the workforce were the unions not invited?

Latest posts