A/C 190 (A-321) tail scrape in LAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but doe anyone know the details of the tail scrape by A321, tail number 190, in LAX a few weeks back?
DECS showed the plane out of svc in LAX, now ferried to CLT for completion of repairs.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but doe anyone know the details of the tail scrape by A321, tail number 190, in LAX a few weeks back?
DECS showed the plane out of svc in LAX, now ferried to CLT for completion of repairs.
The A/C is in CLT for extensive repairs ie stringers, frames and a complete skin which was ground off during landing.

It happened once before right after we got the 321, I think that lead to the big red decal warning of tail strike possibility on the instrument panel! Just break out the old EA's and let the sheetmetal fun begin!!

Shii... Doesn't surprise me!

Today I got a bin full of bags that looked like they were loaded by a drunk baboon! Plus the fools put the connecting mail BEHIND the 900 lbs of Thru-Cargo.

Where u guys finding your help out there? South Central LA?

How do these superior God's gift to aviation pilots do such a thing :rolleyes:

Not sure you have much room to talk about "bad landings". At least they were able to fix the A321 unlike this bird....

sn635aw2.jpg

n635aw5.jpg

Just curious what happend to those 2 A/C pictured above. I know there was the 767 that got scrapped in PHL a while back, but I never saw the ones pictured here. Given that the lower photo has the new paint job, it had to be pretty recent.

Just curious what happend to those 2 A/C pictured above. I know there was the 767 that got scrapped in PHL a while back, but I never saw the ones pictured here. Given that the lower photo has the new paint job, it had to be pretty recent.

I believe it is the same plane in both pictures. If memory serves me correctly this is the FAA report of the accident. FAA Report This accident was obviously a hull loss.

Thanks, I read the FAA report. Being that this took place in 2002, it couldn't be the same A/C due to the different paint scheme. The lower pictured A/C has the newer paint that came about after the merger, which was a few years after this accident took place.

Thanks, I read the FAA report. Being that this took place in 2002, it couldn't be the same A/C due to the different paint scheme. The lower pictured A/C has the newer paint that came about after the merger, which was a few years after this accident took place.

No, the bottom picture has the AWA paint job. It is green on the bottom and the top has the wavy lines that AWA had.

OK, thanks. It looks like it has the new-style waves down the side in the picture, unless that was part of the AWA paint scheme before the new one was introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.