A couple of ?'s for the rampers.

sentra

Sep 8, 2007
I currently work for US Airways as a Fleet service/Ramp agent in LAS and have a possible chance to get a job in CLE, doing the same. My question is when you are a new hire how long after your hire date can you start to pick up/ give away hours? The position is part time which is a bummer since I'm full time here and really need to pick up as many hours as possible. Also can you bid on upgrading to full time status? and if so how long does that take? Thanks in advance.

Airline guys are amazing! Willing to uproot across country for part-time back breaking work all to fly on planes that are so full you cannot non-rev on them!

Cleveland is getting ready for a major expansion so the possibility of going from part time to full time looks good. If you transfer to a part time position, you will need to wait 6 months to go full time. Generally in the hubs there are plenty of people that will let you pick up their shifts. I say go for it! Good luck!

This may be a bit off topic, but I did see the word 'rampers".

Got a news item via 'union' email re: the twu's attempt to organize the CO ramp people - we've got the twu at American and they're worthless, that is, unless you like the thought of having your union in bed with the company. They're pretty good at that.

If what you have now lets you vote for your International representation, you're much better off than we are. TWU's international staffing is strictly by appointment, therefore, unaccountable to the membership.

Think twice before letting these clowns in.

This may be a bit off topic, but I did see the word 'rampers".

Got a news item via 'union' email re: the twu's attempt to organize the CO ramp people - we've got the twu at American and they're worthless, that is, unless you like the thought of having your union in bed with the company. They're pretty good at that.

If what you have now lets you vote for your International representation, you're much better off than we are. TWU's international staffing is strictly by appointment, therefore, unaccountable to the membership.

Think twice before letting these clowns in.
CAL ramp has no union representation. Probably better than paying the TWU for the same.

Let me answer your question of picking up hours and recieving overtime.

It takes,

6 months to trade your days off

1st day on the job after training to pick up daytrades

1st day on the job after training to pick up overtime

You could do partial trades as well

WHO NEEDS A UNION!!!

I just completed my isometric test today in CLE for a ramp spot here in CMH. Fingerprints and background all cleared (currently work for B6 so wasn't worried) so all I am waiting for are my results from the iso test. Keeping my fingers crossed as I am really excited to work for CO.