A Day of Support and Solidarity

Emil.Howes

Senior
Contributor
May 13, 2005
San Francisco

May 26, 2006 will mark 280 days that our fellow AMFA members have been on strike against Northwest Airlines. To show our continued support for these courageous men and women, we are holding a national day of picketing at the nation’s busiest airports. All labor groups and activists are invited to attend and demonstrate that these attacks on the workers will not be tolerated.

The tactics being employed by Northwest Airlines are a direct attack on our craft and on our profession. If Northwest ultimately succeeds in outsourcing the majority of their maintenance operations, the rest of the industry will try to emulate it, thereby putting every one of our careers in jeopardy.

Please join the NWA/AMFA strikers on the picket line to show Northwest Airlines and the rest of the industry that there is a real price to pay for carriers who choose to attack their workers rather than work with them.

Friends, family, and neighbors are all welcome.

Please contact Brian McKeever at 650-826-1407 for details and information on where and when to picket here in San Francisco.

Link to flyer is here:

National Day of Solidarity: May 26
5/1/2006 - Member Communication

I will be at the NWA Departing Gate at SFO tomorrow. Please feel free to drop by for a hug.

-BigE

May 26, 2006 will mark 280 days that our fellow AMFA members have been on strike against Northwest Airlines. To show our continued support for these courageous men and women, we are holding a national day of picketing at the nation’s busiest airports. All labor groups and activists are invited to attend and demonstrate that these attacks on the workers will not be tolerated.

The tactics being employed by Northwest Airlines are a direct attack on our craft and on our profession. If Northwest ultimately succeeds in outsourcing the majority of their maintenance operations, the rest of the industry will try to emulate it, thereby putting every one of our careers in jeopardy.

Please join the NWA/AMFA strikers on the picket line to show Northwest Airlines and the rest of the industry that there is a real price to pay for carriers who choose to attack their workers rather than work with them.

Friends, family, and neighbors are all welcome.

Please contact Brian McKeever at 650-826-1407 for details and information on where and when to picket here in San Francisco.

Link to flyer is here:

National Day of Solidarity: May 26
5/1/2006 - Member Communication

I will be at the NWA Departing Gate at SFO tomorrow. Please feel free to drop by for a hug.

-BigE

Hmmmm. Maybe my strike party should include some of those UA guys that were picketing with us. Hmmm. *looking through the phone book for known AMFA UA guys in the hood*

Thanks for the info!

Come on guys this is your day of "Solidarity". There are nine picketers on the line at the terminal. I know you guys can do better than this. It is time to get off the couch and come on down to the picket line.
Are you in the cheering squad or something? So what if there are 9 picketers? Small voice can speak volumes. Anyhow this is a gathering for everone and I think it will be fun. Our strike parties are always fun. Maybe you should make a special appearance as a guest speaker over there as an well informed & knowlegable worker.

Sorry BigE but I will not be able to attend. Do take some pictures though and post them here for us. I would really like to know what the turn-out was like.
If you did attend, no one would know it because you wouldn't say anything about being a scab coward POS. You need to worry about your scab career and not about what honorable men are doing, your not one of them. :ph34r:

Come on guys this is your day of "Solidarity". There are nine picketers on the line at the terminal. I know you guys can do better than this. It is time to get off the couch and come on down to the picket line.
Stop by the picket line coward and tell them all what you think of them and unions in general. You come here and run your infantile scab mouth but you won't do it anywhere in person. Why is that 'Cods? It that your simply a scab coward?

I guess so. :down: :ph34r: :down: :ph34r:

As of three o'clock today there were five picketers on the mezzanine at the terminal and none at the employee parking. A disappointing turn-out for DTW. The white box-truck with "IS NWA SAFE?" Painted on it made a showing for a short while.

As of three o'clock today there were five picketers on the mezzanine at the terminal and none at the employee parking. A disappointing turn-out for DTW. The white box-truck with "IS NWA SAFE?" Painted on it made a showing for a short while.
What's disappointing is your spine still has not materialized SUPERscab.... :unsure:

Where is BigE? How was the turn out on your end of the world BigE? Any word on MSP? Jenny says that its no big deal that only nine people showed here but I think it is a deplorable state of affairs. How can you have a strike when you don't even have the support of your own members or any of the other unions at that?

Where is BigE? How was the turn out on your end of the world BigE? Any word on MSP? Jenny says that its no big deal that only nine people showed here but I think it is a deplorable state of affairs. How can you have a strike when you don't even have the support of your own members or any of the other unions at that?
Why are you worried about other posters on this board? Man you sure as heck aint got no life. Jenny says that nine people speak alot more than you think you POS SCAB. And further more, do you ever stop to think that may be the ones who cant work are either on vacation or at work wherever that may be.

Why are you worried about other posters on this board? Man you sure as heck aint got no life. Jenny says that nine people speak alot more than you think you POS SCAB. And further more, do you ever stop to think that may be the ones who cant work are either on vacation or at work wherever that may be.
:shock: Maybe they found BETTER WORK with BETTER WORK ENVIROMENTS. :shock:

:shock: Maybe they found BETTER WORK with BETTER WORK ENVIROMENTS. :shock:
This is very much possible and don't doubt that it may very much be the case. However there is still a strike that requires support, right? With 4,500 people out on strike I find it hard to believe that only nine were able to attend a day of "Solidarity" is all. That doesn't even count the tens of thousands that belong to other unions that were invited to attend. :down: