A Deal or not

getreal

Jul 23, 2008
TEXAS BUSINESS DIGEST
AMR, transport workers may reach accords in months.

Friday, August 29, 2008

AIRLINES

American, union may be near deals

FORT WORTH — AMR Corp.'s American Airlines, the world's largest carrier in terms of passengers flown, might reach contract agreements within the next few months with mechanics and other ground employees, the chief of the Transport Workers Union said.

The accords for seven TWU work groups probably will run two years or less, shorter than the four-year historical average, President Jim Little said in an interview. Contract talks for American's 25,000 TWU members began in November.

TEXAS BUSINESS DIGEST

Friday, August 29, 2008

AIRLINES

FORT WORTH — AMR Corp.'s American Airlines, the world's largest carrier in terms of passengers flown, might reach contract agreements within the next few months with mechanics and other ground employees, the chief of the Transport Workers Union said.

The accords for seven TWU work groups probably will run two years or less, shorter than the four-year historical average, President :down: Jim Little :down: said in an interview. Contract talks for American's 25,000 TWU members began in November.

Gee - did the newspaper "thrashings" scare Arpey that much?

Nice to hear we're near an agreement - restoration of pay to 2003 pre-concession levels + 15% and 10%/year raises, all sick and vacation time restored, 2.5 factor for retirement calculations, retirement time figured from the first year (not losing a year) and a bonus program on a par with the (mis)management's.

Arpey and his stooges leave the company. The board of directors is replaced. Little Jimmy is tarred, feathered, and ran out of his cushy office along with Birdchitte, Yingst, and a host of other thieves.

The above will get my "yes" vote. Nothing less.

From my many years of corporate reading between the lines, let me add that it is important that you recognize that the operative word in the whole thing is "might." They might reach an agreement.

Uh-huh. And, the Israelis and the Palestinians might reach a permanent peace agreement before Christmas. Then again, might not.

Nice to hear we're near an agreement - restoration of pay to 2003 pre-concession levels + 15% and 10%/year raises, all sick and vacation time restored, 2.5 factor for retirement calculations, retirement time figured from the first year (not losing a year) and a bonus program on a par with the (mis)management's.

Arpey and his stooges leave the company. The board of directors is replaced. Little Jimmy is tarred, feathered, and ran out of his cushy office along with Birdchitte, Yingst, and a host of other thieves.

:shock:
It's safe to say you won't be voting yes anytime soon! :rolleyes:

From my many years of corporate reading between the lines, let me add that it is important that you recognize that the operative word in the whole thing is "might." They might reach an agreement.

Uh-huh. And, the Israelis and the Palestinians might reach a permanent peace agreement before Christmas. Then again, might not.

... and if frogs had wings, they might do some really kinky stuff with pigeons too.

No, Jim - I didn't miss the "might". Newspaper editors, executives or management-type people, union officials, and anyone else not wanting to chance any surprise encounters with accountability use that little (sorry) word on a regular basis.

getreal said:
TEXAS BUSINESS DIGEST

Friday, August 29, 2008

AIRLINES

Might? Hell, I might win the lottery tonight...

Why would you even open your yap to a reporter to say "Might"? Or is this all just ground work for him bringing back the concession extension with a "It's the best we can do" shrug of the shoulders?

We MIGHT experience a drop in fuel cost, and huge increase in demand, and get all of our concessions back, plus interest.

We MIGHT get rid of Jim Little at the next convention.

We MIGHT get a change in the TWU Constitution that requires membership ratification of International Officers.

We MIGHT form an Independent Union and rid ourselves of the worthless and docile TWU forever.

Arpey MIGHT even return all management bonus money as an act of good faith.

We MIGHT in the next 12 months kill Osama Bin Laden.

We MIGHT even witness the TWU membership realize what an inept twerp and idiot Jim Little really is.

TEXAS BUSINESS DIGEST

Friday, August 29, 2008

AIRLINES

The accords for seven TWU work groups probably will run two years or less, shorter than the four-year historical average, President Jim Little said in an interview. Contract talks for American's 25,000 TWU members began in November.

WHEN HAVE WE EVER HAD A 4 YR CONTRACT??? 5-6 YR IS ALL I'VE EVER SEEN! :blink:

THEN I GUESS YOU WILL BE VOTING "NO" ALONG WITH ME....CUZ WE AIN'T GET'N $H_T!!!