A Definite Change in Morale

Art at ISP

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dix Hills NY
www.ffocus.org
I have noticed a definite change in the attitudes and morale of US employees during the past week. Although the service continues to be mostly good, you can just tell that your hearts aren''t in it any more. And the worst part is I really can''t blame you.
Checking in for a flight in ROC on Wed, the agent asked me why I didn''t use the kiosk. I answered that I am trying to help save his job, and he gave me a brief smile and said something like, Thanks, but I doubt it will help.
The most disappointing part was boarding a flight in PHL Saturday night. I was about the 4th or 5th 1st class passenger in line to board, the agent saw Chairman''s on the boarding pass gave me a glare like I was the enemy or something and selected me for gate rape. There was nothing random about it--she looked me in the eye with total disdain, and sent me to the table. (I later found out there were almost no other US1''s on this flight). I had also overheard a conversation between agents before boarding as they pulled names up on the computer (I saw mine listed alone but don''t know if that''s how I was selected or not). Their tone was as if the battle had already been lost and was quite disheartening. They were fed up with all the oversales and cancellations and I could tell they were not happy about dealing with customers on this flight. Well I just rolled with the punches and dealt with it--and then listened to the flight attendants talking about careers in health care during the flight (THEIR service was still outstanding despite the flight being 2 hours late).
Bear in mind this is not a complaint, merely an observation. I know that the situation will likely get worse before (or if) it gets better, but please--don''t let it show so easily-it certainly won''t help the situation.
As always, I thank you all for your dedication and for the excellent service I continue to receive (most of the time). I hope I can continue to be a loyal customer for a long time to come.
Best wishes to you all.

I have had the exact opposite experiences. While people are certainly aware of how tenuous things currently are, every US employee I've interacted with has been in relatively good spirits, including the agents in PHL, flight crews and US1 liasons. I've flown several times over the past week, too. I do sense some resignation that things basically suck, but you can only stay pissed/scared/etc. for so long before you just have to move on. That's my take anyway...

I just don't care and do the best I can. I am numb to the threats and just really couldn't care less. Whatever happen will happen. If it goes under....oh well...we the front line tried.

I for one can say in INT Res I work with some amazing people, despite all that is going on we have a very professional group of individuals. From a passengers perspective you would never know the hardships we are going thru, except for some of the $$$ making things for which there are no longer waivers...these make us seem money hungry; especially when a family members dies and we requalify for a BRV Rate and we still have to charge the change fee...sometimes management needs to have a more little compassion.

On my flight home the other day F class(1st time in years I've upgraded), the flt attendant, in jovial talk with a revenue F class passenger, used the word SH!T and B!TCH in normal course of discussion, mainly about football.Passenger laughed it off, I was appalled.

In my interactions, US Airways' employees continue to provide a superior product, regardless of how bad things are. It speaks boat loads about our employees, across-the-board.

Chip

cs-pro, You should hear what the employees are saying about our labor friendly DAVE.Talk about APPALLED !!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 7:34:11 PM cat 111 wrote:

cs-pro, You should hear what the employees are saying about our labor friendly DAVE.Talk about APPALLED !!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

I wouldn't doubt it, not only is his mouth more crooked than Bette Davis's is after a stroke, but he probably needs some good scouring with a bar o' soap also.

Folks,

Let me just reiterate that I do continue to receive the excellent service that is the reason I remain a loyal customer. I was just making a couple of observations which I hope are isolated..in no way am I making a complaint.

My experiences with you all continue to be outstanding--I just noticed a small change. My loyalty to the company is entirely due to you fine people who work for U, and as I said before I hope to be able to remain a loyal customer for many years to come.

I generally write off any experiences at PHL, as I go in expecting to be treated like dirt, and usually am. I've connected there three times in the last year from the Carribean, and have ended up overnighting in a local hotel twice, all with unpleasent experiences.

It is the outlier in the entire program and should be avoided at all costs. PIT, MCO, SFO, IAH, etc. have all been their normal professional selves in the last few weeks.

My flights this week have been great. Potential delays due to the ice storm that swept up from the southeast were handled very well. And the FA's on my DCA-CLT flight yesterday were wonderful - even more amazing given the current economy. I'll keep booking US even if flight #1 from DCA-PIT is the only one left. Of course I hope for a whole lot more!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for flying with us!
I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate each and every customer we have. If it were not for you our customers (those flying with us,those who ship cargo with us, or use our services in any way) we would not need to exist. I only hope that if you EVER get less than the service you expect, you would let someone know.
Your loyalty is appreciated. Again, thank you for choosing US.