A New Slant On Why Labor Should Give Back!

May 9, 2004
Personally, I think the unions should say a big F U to mgmt, but unfortunately, I think that what mgmt secretly wants. Bronner et al want the deal to fail!! They want labor agreements to stall, so that they can walk away, file for BK blame labor, and do what they were going to do anyway, sell the company in pieces. That is the only way RSA will get most of its money back, by liquidation.. I feel sorry, I really do for all the employees.. I think giving mgmt everything they ask for, then watching them fall flat on their face is the only way labor can truly fight back. Giving mgmt an out (forcing BK) while it seems like a moral victory, will only serve to preserve the reputations of another set of ruthless corporate raiders. In the mean time, it will buy more time for people to find new jobs.

RSA only investment to US is the $240 million for the worthless stock and you not a creditor for stock.

They might have some A/C debt or leases but they will never recover their money.

Number one creditor is ATSB loan followed by in no particular order is Airbus, GECAS, Bombardier and Embraer.

No one except the ATSB backed loan will get their full value out of the company.

The other thing is, what sort of lease rates is UAIR paying to RSA for their aircraft leases? Wanna bet that it's WAY MORE than UAIR is paying anybody else for the same leases? You know they're milking this thing one way or another. Why do you think that UAIR's nonemployee costs are so much higher than anybody else? I'd also bet that some other "fees" in the way of management, oversight, administration or others are going to RSA as well, but these are never broken out in the financial reports.

You may well be right, but my money's still on the topheavy organization being the biggest differentiating factor between US's costs and those of UA/AA/NW/DL.

700UW said:
No one except the ATSB backed loan will get their full value out of the company.
Exactly why nobody should want US to file BK again. It is in everyone's best interest for US to continue as a revenue generating entity - not one that shuts the revenue stream to zero and sells its parts.

If the unions give them what they want from us, it will never end.And we will not be the only industry this will happen to.It will become like a virus. Just threaten people till they break. :blink: :shock: :ph34r:

RSA's exposure to US Airways is about $650 million with $240 million invested in equity, about $65 million in loan guarantee "at risk" money, and about $325 million in aircraft debt/EETCs.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot