A Novel Idea...

DCAflyer

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
I had an idea. I figured out that $4.5 million (Dave's exit bonus) divided by 28,000 active employees comes to $160.71. Since all active employees gave money which was squandered by the company, and in particular partly to fund Dave's exit package, I think every employee should file a small claims suit against Dave and Dave to recover their money. I would love to see the bozos defend 28,000 separate lawsuits for $160. The cause of action against Siegel would be unjust enrichment. I don't think there is a judge in the country who would countenence a CEO being on the property for two years, taking it through bankruptcy only to come out with more debt than it went in with, and then walking away with four and a half mil.

DCAflyer, please post your court filing here and i bet you will get a flood of others doing the same!
:up:

Question... where does Siegel live? Basically, people have to sue in the jurisdiction where the defendant lives. There may be some exceptions that I have to look in to. Employees may need to travel, but I think it would be a sacrifice towards making a huge statement to the Company and to other airlines who try to pull this crap.

Will never see that...these weasels take care of thier own..elimination of the middle class one worker at a time...

air chief said:
Will never see that...these weasels take care of thier own..elimination of the middle class one worker at a time...
[post="173575"][/post]​

or in usair's case about 28000 plus in one shot if the whinners dont get what they want in dc!

El Gato said:
Are you proposing that a class action lawsuit be filed?
[post="173646"][/post]​
A better way to skin the cat..... is 28,000 small court claims. If you have 1 case a day, every day thru the year. After 76 years and 9 months, all the cases would be done.

Almost 77 years of constant reminders of the pain he inflicted and the money he stole.
77 years of Lawyer fees and 28,000 trips to the court house.

If he fails to show. You win by default.

Sign me up!