A Question On Concessions

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
After being in a discussion at work with fellow employees this topic came up. Hence, thought I would ask on this forum. How many people would support another lashing with a provision signed in blood that the employees on the property now, those very people signing onto another round of concessions, would be assured they would have a job doing so.

Show of hands please…

Please. No corporate types lecturing how a going concern will pay severance when chapter 7 won’t. We all knows these facts, this is just to see how many would consider more concessions with the above stipulation in place.

After all we have been through, all the promises, or should I say broken promises.......I doubt it, as there is no trust, in my opinion between employee's and managmanet with this company!!!!

NO NO NO, Stealing our work away to Alabamy cured me! How could you trust them again!

Pardon me...but I'm pretty well convinced on what a binding agreement or contract means in todays world , not a lot of anything by recent accounts.

Assuming that we did agree to even passing up on another paid holiday for example...what assurances would we have that would insure a job?...or what authority would insure enforcement of thre agreement? So far the courts seem blind to written agreements with over 50 years of history backing them...what would make todays scribblings any different?

Let's see if I understand the question.

Would I be will willing to agree to another cut in pay and benefits, for an ironclad NO LAYOFF clause?

Well, If the company had proven itself to be a good business partner, then the answer of would be no. Though, if the company were to talk really sweet, and promised really good returns, then maybe I would at least listen.

But, since this company has shown a callous disregard for anyone except their own little Ivy League clique; it has become obvious that "they" don't see any need to honor any of the inconvenient parts of their contracts with us.

Therefore my answer has to be HE!! NO!!!

crazyincanton said:
With this management there is no such thing as a guarantee. Just lies, damn lies.

NO
I agree with you 100%.

I work with a handful of guys, mostly closely in reach of retirement, and just a "few" younger guys who are willing to accept more concessions if there was a job guarantee. We went around on why believe anything given our bus work, but nevertheless some still want to believe. Funny thing I found, the people who want to believe have less to lose, having their finances in order etc, where the others have everything to lose and are saying, no way.

Like some posters are saying, I don't think it matters what we do anyway, and they already have us "IAM" down as a NO vote and are working their way around that fact.

I agree with everyone, but I spent 9 month looking for a job and the grass is NOT greener on the other side.

Okay all you big shots who would rather close the airline than give anymore back. Do you really think there are that many jobs for us out there that would even come close to what we make now minus the next round of cuts.
GOOD LUCK !
Be careful what you wish for.
I for one am willing to give more if it saves my job. I have no desire to look for another job. Most of which start about 10 bucks an hour if you can even find one.
I stilll have hope that better days are ahead if we support or management.

The IAM says no more!

How can you give back more since they have all ready squandered over $2 billion a year and constantly violate the CBA's?

My answer is also a big CWA NO! Even though you did say a guarantee of a job that doesn't mean no more consessions down the road. NO NO NO not a penny more!

At this point even a lower paying job would be acceptable, with none of the BS that goes on in this company. No matter what anyone says, there are jobs out there. You have just got to have confidence in yourself and your ability and the commitment to go out and sell yourself and aquire one. Not sit around and cry "woe is me" like most.

I think that if it comes down to a vote, this time the outcome will be quite different.

Latest posts