A special welcome to all pax on the "no fly" list

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
A London-to-Boston flight was called back to Heathrow Airport on Monday after U.S. authorities discovered a passenger's name was on their "no-fly" list, officials said. Four passengers were being questioned by border control officers.

American Airlines Flight 109, a Boeing 777, left London at 10:55 a.m. (4:55 a.m. CDT) headed for Boston, said Tim Wagner, a spokesman for the Fort Worth, Texas-based airline.

"The flight returned to Heathrow due to a security issue that needed to be resolved in London," he said. "It was not a security threat to the aircraft. The flight was in no danger."

Is it that the person who checks the "no fly" list doesn't start until 5:00 a.m. CDT?

Seriously though, being a person who can board any jet on duty, yet cannot non rev, standby list or even deadhead, without going through SOC. clearance. I say the list is a joke. After all this government, the keeper of the list issued a visa extension to one of 911 hijackers a month after the attacks.

story here

What baffles me is why they run the names against the list after the plane has taken off. :down:

Don't want to disrupt the "on time machine". Nobody wants to be the one to resolve the problem. "screwing who we screw best" and "not my yob" are the catch phrases of the 2000's.

I recall a flight returned because a small child on board had a name that matched the no fly list.

Didn't one of the Kennedys have an incident?

LOL, I meant with the no fly list.

Yeah, here it is: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Aug19.html

Homeland Security is rising to the top of the list of oxymorons. :)

I was flying a couple months after 9-11 when I wittnesed political correctness run amoke. At the gate girl of about five years of age was "flagged" for additional screening. With a terrified look in her eyes she went through another round of "secutity checks". Her mother was there no doubt mad as hell.

Don't want to disrupt the "on time machine". Nobody wants to be the one to resolve the problem. "screwing who we screw best" and "not my yob" are the catch phrases of the 2000's.

Without disclosing too much about security procedures, I know for a fact that pre-screening of the manifest -is- done well in advance, and that DHS is notorious for leaving names off the copies of the list they give to airlines to check against. Yet that never seems to be mentioned whenever an event like this occurs.