A319 US1522 from DEN diverted after 3 F/As fall ill

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
ST. LOUIS, Mo. – A US Airways flight from Denver to Charlotte, N.C. had to make an unplanned stop in St. Louis on Sunday after the flight attendants complained of feeling sick.

Michelle Mohr, a spokeswoman with US Airways, says three flight attendants were hospitalized after complaining of feeling dizzy and having shortness of breath.

US Airways flight 1522 was diverted to St. Louis, landing there at 2:40 p.m. mountain time, according to officials.

Mohr says the attendants were taken to DePaul Hospital in St. Louis to be checked out.

US Airways says it is investigating to determine what caused the attendants to fall ill.

Officials with the airline say another crew has been called in and they hoped to get the flight back in the air around 5 p.m. mountain time.

The two pilots and the 123 passengers aboard the Airbus 319 jet were not affected, according to airline officials.

courtesy of KUSA-TV

Well, the flight was from Denver....I know the thought of the Rockies in the World Series is making me sick!

Any chance that the aircraft had been sprayed for "pest control" and the galley areas not properly wiped down after the treatment? This has happened before causing flight attendants to get very sick; it's scary -- I've witnessed it.

Later,
Eye

They may have been at the Ruckies game last night, drank too many beers and stayed in the cold rain, causing them to be ill.

Now seriously, I hope that they all recover well. My prayers are going out for them, I don't like to hear about anybody becoming ill.

Bob:

For someone who consistently claims to care and be concerned for the hired help, why did you feel it necessary to attempt to hijack the thread to discuss Gin & Tonics and Customer Service issues? If there was something in this topic that I missed that was related, please feel free to enlighten me.

Now, back on topic. Has anyone heard any factual update on the crew and/or what possibly caused this incident?

... that could be a possibility but it said no other passengers complained...
Generally, working crew would be the first to feel the effects of hypoxia, as they are up and about working while the passengers are sitting and not exerting much energy.

Generally, working crew would be the first to feel the effects of hypoxia, as they are up and about working while the passengers are sitting and not exerting much energy.

True. But I would also expect anyone with a limited lung and/or circulatory function to also have an issue.

It would be interesting to know what the cabin altitude was and whether the plane went back in service without any maintenance or maintenance check after the incident.