A320''s off the Shuttle April 6th

Looking in TCICS at the April 6th schedule change, it appears the A320''s will be removed from the Shuttle and several A319''s will be added. The A319''s which will be added will have a First Class cabin and will fly DCA-BOS. LGA-BOS and LGA-DCA will continue to fly with the current Shuttle A319''s offering only a Coach configuration. Looks like the A320''s will do low yeild flying with 150 coach seats. The routes I have found so far are: CLT-MCO, CLT-PHL, CLT-CUN, CLT-CZM, CLT-PUJ, CLT-SJU, PHL-BGI, PHL-BOS, PHL-CLT, PHL-SDQ, BOS-PHL.

I think it has to do with aircraft routing. The aircraft goes BOS-PHL-SDQ and the same on the return. I know I flew to ATL on DL from EWR and we flew on a Shuttle 800 at around 1430.

The BOS-PHL flights don't make much sense either. Yields from just about every airport around here have got to be lower than BOS.

Interesting...Delta is doing the same thing. They're putting 733's on the Shuttle and using the all-coach 738's for mainline leisure routes. I guess the shuttles aren't doing so well...could it be Acela, or just general sluggishness in business travel?

Makes a lot of sense to do this on the MCO, Mexico, and Carribean runs since these are almost exclusively leisure flights. Passengers have said they don't mind being sardines, so let them. Perhaps we will start doing contract flying for vacation companies like Pace aka Piedmont/Hooters Air. I hope not, because I have heard some disgusting stories about PAXs binge drinking right up to the point where they board the flight. My friends at Pace tell me that they don't deny boarding to drunkards and they routinely have at least a couple of PAX's puking all the way home (oh, and they don't carry RedZ and the flight attendants are expected to clean up the mess... I don't think I'll be doing that... God knew what She was doing when she made me a Jewish American Princess!)

I bet they could have found a BOS-Florida non-stop route to fly this winter with atleast one or two of those 320's, left them all coach, and filled them. And the fares from BOS aren't all that low..

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 9:24:49 AM mbmbbost wrote:

I bet they could have found a BOS-Florida non-stop route to fly this winter with atleast one or two of those 320's, left them all coach, and filled them. And the fares from BOS aren't all that low..
----------------
[/blockquote]
I believe they still have the routes...both bos and lga had multiple 'METRO' flts to mco,tpa fll and rsw

These CLOWN'S don't have a clue. It makes too much sense to run full airplanes down to Florida.Not this time of year !!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/6/2003 7:45:56 AM AAG2000 wrote:

Interesting...Delta is doing the same thing. They're putting 733's on the Shuttle and using the all-coach 738's for mainline leisure routes. I guess the shuttles aren't doing so well...could it be Acela, or just general sluggishness in business travel?
----------------
[/blockquote]

What about the entry of AE RJs into the shuttle market - surely they may have taken some passengers from US?