A330 reconfig

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
There's a post on flyertalk.com that says an East agent told a passenger that row 1 of the A330 would be coming out in the reconfig to add more coach. Is the plan still to just remove rows 6-7 to replace with Y seats, or will it now involve removing row 1 and moving everything up (still keeping 4 rows of Envoy)? Has the GoSleeper program not been very profitable?

The thing is - there's enough room between doors 1 and 2 for 5 rows of 60" Envoy, but if they only keep it 4, then there would be a few rows of coach ahead of door 2. Odd config, but I wouldn't put it past this management to do.

Though I am not a fan of the recent reconfiguration wave this one seems ok. The envoy cabin is still plenty big. I will certainly miss row 6 and 7 as a crewmember though. ;) I still think thats a lot of plating for the "E" to do alone when the "A" and the "D" are waiting to run food. Is the H still gonna help with that or immediately go to the back?

Last I heard, Kirby said there were no plans to remove row 1 or bring back the F product and that the GoSleeper program had been quite successful so far.

Last I heard, Kirby said there were no plans to remove row 1 or bring back the F product and that the GoSleeper program had been quite successful so far.
The only thing I know that rows 5 and 6 are going to be remooved from A330 and placed to B757 Transatlatic to ensure Envoy class services . The configuration on B757 will be 12 Envoy and 164 coach seats with more legroom then other 757 's in the fleet .
A330 are getting more coach seats in place of rows 5-6 of Envoy .I guess there will be 248 seats in Economy class .I also know we are getting new lie-flat seats for all B767 . Seats are very nice and comfy . Combination of light grey and blue leather .Saw pictures from my friend working in Airbus Plant . Seats are ready in France , Toulouse and were done for another airline - not specially for US AIRWAYS . Hopefully they start reconfigure fleet before summer fall . ?????

Doesn't matter to me what they do! They've pretty much driven me to other * Alliance carriers for overseas. Those are exclusively liesure trips and on my personal dime if I don't use miles. And after my last experience in psuedo Envoy, my money is ataying in my pocket. I'm sure US can struggle through without my $2-3000 in overseas visits.
Oh, Bob, you are unhappy and taking your money elsewhere? We had no idea! ;)

I think the new configuration is something like 34C and 263Y. Similar to NW, and no big deal. I mean, practically all last summer (high season), 6 and 7 were completely empty. Shove those seats in there and let's make some money! After all, money is good since it is negotiating time, right? :up:

I mean, practically all last summer (high season), 6 and 7 were completely empty. Shove those seats in there and let's make some money! After all, money is good since it is negotiating time, right? :up:
If there were empty seats, the plane was not full and there would have been op-ups, so I guess adding more seats will help sell out the plane..... duh

Let me guess....you were a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon in a prior life and then you tested so well you went to work for US? Right?

Doesn't matter to me what they do! They've pretty much driven me to other * Alliance carriers for overseas. Those are exclusively liesure trips and on my personal dime if I don't use miles. And after my last experience in psuedo Envoy, my money is ataying in my pocket. I'm sure US can struggle through without my $2-3000 in overseas visits.
Psuedo this, Psuedo that, Welcome to HP.

A/C 277 is done and entered service Sunday night 1-7 PHL-CDG, I believe config is J30-Y263 with no change to Row 1. Rows 6-7 where replaced with 4 rows of coach seats plus 1 row added to each coach compartment by reducing pitch so I heard.

Regards

LGA777

A/C 277 is done and entered service Sunday night 1-7 PHL-CDG, I believe config is J30-Y263 with no change to Row 1. Rows 6-7 where replaced with 4 rows of coach seats plus 1 row added to each coach compartment by reducing pitch so I heard.

Regards

LGA777

Wow, 293 seats on a puny A330??? Our mighty 777 is a larger, roomier aircraft and we only put a total of 268 seats on them.(50 Business/218 coach) I'd hate to fly on your sardine can, thank God the merger is all but dead. Do you even have PTV's in coach??? Probably not. Just wait until we get our new Lie-Flat seats. Do US Airways employees get to sit in Envoy class or do you have to pay? Wait, what was i thinking, of course you pay, you work for Doug "synergies" Parker.

Wow, 293 seats on a puny A330??? Our mighty 777 is a larger, roomier aircraft and we only put a total of 268 seats on them.(50 Business/218 coach) I'd hate to fly on your sardine can, thank God the merger is all but dead. Do you even have PTV's in coach??? Probably not. Just wait until we get our new Lie-Flat seats. Do US Airways employees get to sit in Envoy class or do you have to pay? Wait, what was i thinking, of course you pay, you work for Doug "synergies" Parker.

All 9 A330' have complimentary PTV's.

But DL's many many many 767's have 0 PTVs. Some 767
s even dont have PTV's upfront. And those splendid 757's that have PTV's in Y? You have to actually pay for them, and oh and for the headphones too. Now DL Y gets no movie!

And now before friendly folks bash me yet again, I will say this is from some friend who fly with DL alot. I set foot on DL once, and don't plan to do it ever again.

---------------------------------------------------------

Actually one might call your 777 puny, say compared to a 747. So suffice to say everythings relative.

The A330 used to have 266(261 for revenue) simillar to your 777, now with 293 it has more coach in exchange for lost envoy seats. Im not sure, but dont believe they changed the pitch throughout coach.

For all the hoopla on these boards about our FF's and their purchase of High dollar tickets, I guess the statistics dont warrant that many envoy anymore. I assume I will be chastised as to the reason, not bowing down far enough I guess.

Oh and by the way, A330 arent as much sardine "cans" as much as maybe sardine "tupperware". (lots of plastic!!) Thus the fuel effiency.

The biggest problem with the A330 seems to be the one's with the most passenger interface. (imagine that!!)
Seats, especially envoy are continually abused and bassically broken. I think a better design would have factored in the "I paid for it, Ill use it till it breaks" mentality. Same goes for the Inflt entertainment. I guess if the cord isnt long enough, we'll just pull it out then?

Oh well, I think engineering should have factored that into the design.

And we have always paid to sit up front...A bone of contintion from our point of view for a long time. Always appreciated the way delta took care of their employees, and even us when we came along on vacation in first...Thx

There is a problem with the seating in the rear...seats have been blocked as they do not have enough leg room to use them. So 292 has been reduced.

Picking a random date for summer travel to Europe on an A330, the seat maps aren't updated on usairways.com yet. So it's hard to really tell. But would it have killed Dougie and company to only have put in 3 rows of Y in the old rear J cabin instead of 4? Then they could have a true Y+ product with 40" pitch to compete with other TA carriers.

I could have sworn that this is the new Envoy Sleeper seat!

Bleacher-Chair.jpg

Latest posts